Doppler ER3 kick-start version, worth it or not?

how hard is this to do? i saw a video on youtube of a dude doing it and he removed his belt. is this necessary? how do you guys start yours? is the performance gain worth the trouble and the cost?

thanks

Re: Doppler ER3 kick-start version, worth it or not?

Search for the cardboard trick.

I said screw it and just bought one. It has to be better than that heavy stocker that im using. And way more tunable. I think the key with them though is that you have to use a wider belt (malossi or doppler) so that it doesnt wear out the cheeks as fast. That is based on some website reviews in france.

2 words : Pull Start

On the opposite side of course..

TJ, that pull start is freakin sweet! I might have to design something like that for my new motor.

Stefan Didizian /

i took the belt off bc i always do when i park my moby. prevents people from stealing it and doesnt get wet when it rains

so is it possible to wedge something in there without removing the belt?

That pull start is really cool, I just don't know if fabricating something like that is within my means. Any suggestion on how I could get it done/what I would need?

Unless you have Sasquatch hands, no you'll have to take the belt off. They're great though and totally worth that extra bit of effort... at least for me.

I could have been dreaming but swear I've seen a video on youtube of someone just rolling their foot on the flywheel to crank the bike. Not sure if that stresses the crank etc.

you weren't dreaming. Or maybe you were, but Christophe with Tomahawk Tuning has some vids on his blog where he starts his bikes by rolling the flywheel with his foot.

Or you if you dont want a pull start or kickstart, you can do this if you're feeling really creative.

Those Turkish(?) guys start em with their hand like a fucking baller. But we're all a bunch of wimpy Joe Americans.

If you've got a launch lever you can start pushing the bike then hit the lever to bring the cheeks together, lock on the belt and turn the engine over. Haven't tried that personally but I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

performance gains are awesome. what's your setup? replace the crank if it's stock. cardboard trick is easy. er3 is waaaay more tunable and they're no circlips involved.

Yeah shes all stock besides a airsal 74cc kit and a SHA 16.16. Ive been toying with the idea of a rebuild although it seems to be spinning pretty good as is. what special tools/pullers do you need?

go to the mabecane forum. everything u need to know it there bro. good luck!!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account