Peugeot TSE guts

† CH∆D † /

Never dealt with a 103. Thought I was having electrical issues so I took some pictures for reference. Dual variated swing-arm. Figured the other bits may be a little different too. This all 103 common?

tseguts.jpg

Re: Peugeot TSE guts

† CH∆D † /

fun stuff

tseguts1.jpg

† CH∆D † /

Spaghetti.

tseguts2.jpg

† CH∆D † /

Riders left.

tseguts3.jpg

† CH∆D † /

Never seen this brake light trigger madness before.

brake.jpg

I want it!

You could adapt exhausts to it so easily... Just think of a LC 70cc kit on that thing...

jake Ive been dreaming that dream since before I picked up my tsm, tiss yet to happen.....

† CH∆D † /

The clearance is so rad though. Can roll up to my rope swing piece of cake!

that is not the shitty ignition.

very cool bike

same as a 5 coil peugeot 103.

i think it would be interesting off roading something with a subframe swingarm, seems like the geometry is kinda wacky.

are those 18" wheels too? wild.

† CH∆D † /

Its a 19 or 21 up front. 17 rear. RebelMoby says its the 3 coil 10watt stator.

Only difference is that there is no coil or coils for the flashers. Dang if I can not find the wiring diagram I am sure I have... dang!

Ive got a similar 5 coil ignition for my 103 and started having some problems with it. After talking with rebel it was decided to remove the turn signal coils which were stock wired in series with the headlight coil. After removing them it ran fine, Thanks rebel!

My ignition is a little different in orientation than yours but it is the same concept.

Before:

After:

interesting...

† CH∆D † /

Nice, thanks for sharing. I've figured my issues are beyond electrical right now. I hope to god nothing comes up. I SUCK at electrics. So what I have is what you modified your 5 coil to become.

Went for a ride today:

http://fablebodied.tumblr.com/post/24505183146

I suck at mopeds & its idling poorly. Though my jetting is off a bit.

That is correct. My 5 coil come from a 103sp. The original ignition for my bike had the 2 coil which is notorious for failing or so ive read. Rebel's friend in france couldnt believe they wired the 5 coil like that for the USA bikes. It may have something to do with the sealed beam lights required by the DOT. Here is a wiring diagram i got from a french forum. You can tell the "clignotants" or blinker coils at 2 and 4 o'clock are on their own circuit.

Chad if you can get to Oxford Mills on July 7 for the vintage bike rally, I can look at your electrics.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account