Dell'orto Carb concern

Help... 14mm PHBG carb 60cc cylinder, 95 Main jet, 55 pilot jet, 60 Start jet,

Engine fall on its face just off idle 1/8-1/4 throttle, wot is fine runs strong.

Tried 52 pilot,90 main. and every needle setting.

Loosing my mind....

Re: Dell'orto Carb concern

FYI the idle is fine...

Trouble shooting rather then randomly adjusting every setting:

i love that Mikuni diagram...............

Any other ideas...

thinking the progression hole may cause this concern. has anyone else seen this?

Put to help illustrate which part of the circuit has effect on which part of the throttle, which would be more helpful then nothing if the person did not read the Dellorto tuning guide. As the sample shows if you have vacuum loss when the throttle valves is lifting it would probably be slide profile if the idle jet is not changing the condition.

BTW

The Dellorto guide is available free at Lindas manual site here: http://projectmopedmanual.info/Manual_HTML/dellorto.html

Leo Heyman Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> i love that Mikuni diagram...............

Thanks... Thats what i needed...:)

Just stick to one adjustment at a time so you dont get all mish mashed trying to solve all issues at the same time.

Jimbo Grand Daddy /

For some reason, I get the feeling you got a lot of crap with that last name growing up...

down jet both

Darrell Gabbard /

i've never seen a 14mm phbg but it does not mean they dont exist, however for only having a 60cc engine, you're way rich on those jet settings

i would try a 80 main 45 idle and a 55 start to start with and i hope you have a full jet range to dial it in

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account