Hack & Weld leftovers pipe for an Urban Express

Mariano Ulibarri /

So I've got a nice ratty '82 Urban Express that I'm just starting to dick around with. I managed to get it running all stock - which is cool - but not quite what I'm looking for.

My goal is to take whatever shit I can find lying around and get this ratty beast up to around 40. (She's hitting upper 20s stocker w/ my 225lb oshiri on back.)

I've been digging through my stuff and have put together a pile of parts to turn Urban.

For the pipe - I've got a Techno Bullet from a Tomos A35. Pretty cool on the Tomos. Do you think it'll hold up to a hack-mount for the urban? Is it worth it? I've seen people hack up Biturbos in a similar way.

I also have a Mik VM22 & weekends intake for the bike. I'll be cutting the oil injection as these go on.

I guess I am wondering what to expect on a stock jug & head w/ a Mikuni VM22 & hacked Tecno Bullet...

I just put a VM20 on my wife's NC50 & I am way pleased!

Re: Hack & Weld leftovers pipe for an Urban Express

Beard Road Bruiser (SoB) /

22 is way big for stock Cylinder. Maybe pull off the head and port the hell out of it.

Mariano Ulibarri /

Yeah, the carb's a damn beast. Even the VM20 I put on my wife's stock NC50 is pretty beef. I like these carbs a lot though! Not one complaint on the wifey mobike so far.

Beard Road Bruiser (SoB) /

No, totally agree, and you have some leeway when running reeds.

But still. Damn, I am only running a VM18 on my ported Polini on my Hobbit...

Run that 20mm carb and buy a wizzard kit , pair that with a Leo Vince scoot zx pipe hached on therewith . East as pie to 50 plus . Also check out some of the old Honda urban express variator mods . Honda Dio stuff fits . Clutches , springs , contra , its all in past urban threads .

If you really want to keep the stock cylinder then prepare for hours of time porting its iron casting . Aiki has specs for that Italkit . It's not bad at all . But not a beast either. Urban express is badass motor minus the single side swingarm monoshock setup . Tons of info in past posts here .

^what he said. listen to what the expert says. read Ricks past posts and mine as well. tons o info hear!

Mariano Ulibarri /

Cool... Thanks for the tips!

I'll definitely be kitting it as $$$ becomes available.

Kit is 115 and the pipe is 100 .

NAW what you need's the belt, BX40 or whatever, search around. belt and pipe, stock carb should do 40.

gates bx-31 belt. remove three of the six factory front variator rollers and do 40mph depending on your weight.

Three of six rollers is a nice free mod . A good low end pipe like an estoril or proma is the best bang for the buck . A good pipe can double your power .

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account