the best fuel line

i got a batavus and need a fuel line what is the best route to take?

Re: the best fuel line

Clear 3/16 PVC Home Depot 12 cents a foot. Replace once a year

That stuff sucks, but if saving a few dollars is a big deal, fine.

The best fuel line is actual rubber fuel line. 35 years old, and my hobbits line is still supple, where old Puch fuel line is like a rock.

The motion pro fuel line that Treats sells is awesome quality and stays supple.

the treats stuff got stiff on me. the rubber shit is good, but i like to see what's going on in there. my buddy got some blue/green clear line off ebay. it's been good to him so far.

ethanol sucks!

-Brian- The Ruffians STL /

Go to an auto parts store and buy some 1/4" or 3/16" rubber reinforced fuel line. It is cheap and won't stiffen up.

I was talking about this stuff , not this stuff .

Tim Ostrom Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> the treats stuff got stiff on me. the rubber shit

> is good, but i like to see what's going on in

> there. my buddy got some blue/green clear line off

> ebay. it's been good to him so far.

+1 for treats motion pro line

fuel line is not a good place to cheap out on... treats sells it by the foot so you really don't have a lot to lose. Just grab 2 or 3 feet, (which will be more than enough for a single moped), and never worry about your line crapping out on you again. I've run amsoil saber and premium gas through my motion pro line for about a year now and it's essentially still brand new.

Tygon is designed for chemical resistance. I use it all the time in chainsaws. I've never had a Tygon line go stiff on me. That's what I use on all of my bikes.

That reinforced rubber line at the autoparts store works, but I like to be able to see the gas moving in the lines. You also have to be careful with clearances. Some carbs won't accept fuel line that thick.

thanks for all the input, ill be heading out to get some tomorrow

So, my Tygon line went stiff after I disconnected it from the carb and it sat for a few months. Like, being exposed to fuel then being separated from the fuel caused it to stiffen for some reason.

i like clear line but it has a short life typically. whatever I'll replace it when it dont bend no mo.

There are a few different kinds of Tygon. I usually use the translucent yellow stuff on my bikes, but I've also used the black in some of my saws. The bikes sit without gas over the winter and I use the saws mostly in the winter, so I drain the gas in the summer.

If you don't mind, what type were you using? None of them should get stiff... Maybe the stuff you had was a bad batch or something?

It was from McMaster. Looks like I ordered it more than two years ago, so it's no longer in my order history. Oh well.

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

Tygon, for sure.

Salsa Salsa /

Hobby shops sell nice line for rc cars clear and stays supple

Gromosaurus Rex - Brad Pitt /

^ great idea

i've had tygon go mushy on me, it was some neon greenish stuff and got all slimy and soft after a little while.

I get polyurethane from work that works really nice, but my favorite is definitely the 3/16" gates rubber reinforced 'SAE' fuel line from the auto parts store. my local napa has it.

my work in hydraulics has demonstrated a noticeable difference between gates brand hoses and anything else, i'm a huge fan of anything gates makes. the fuel line is a thinner wall than other crappy generic brand 3/16 SAE, and is a lot more supple.

Dave, you should link me where you get that really small line for chainsaws, that stuff always goes bad on me and starts to leak where it pulls through the tank. I have a saw right now that i need to re-do, i'd like to get the dope shit and be done with it.

i'm gonna get a fancy crimper and run copper. till the scrappers steal it.

The best fuel line I've used yet is Prime Line brand, they sell it at o'reilly in the small engine section.

Right there in the same section they also sell really nice fuel filters for only 3 dollars, same brand.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account