81 Vespa Ciao I have 12 pin and bought 10

Joseph Rhoades /

I just bought a 64cc Malossi cylinder kit with a 10 pin and realized mines a 12 pin. What's the best way to conquer this? Should I get a new crank or is there an easier way. If the crank is the way to go , which is the best one?

Re: 81 Vespa Ciao I have 12 pin and bought 10

campeona del mundo /

if you're planning on a mildly fast setup just go for the top crank its cheap and will take some abuse

epic fail

campeona del mundo /

actually this forces him to replace his stock crank with something that won't inevitably sheer once any sort of power is put through it. so its a win!

did you buy it from treats? i bet benji would switch em for you if you wrote him a nice email.

my stock vespa crank hauls ass w/ a dr kit on it. been going almost 50 on for like 2 years. it's got big end rollers. the piston was seized when i got it, but the crank seemed fine.

Don't get a top crank get a mazi crank they are much much better and only minimally more expensive.

Joe Peg Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Don't get a top crank get a mazi crank they are

> much much better and only minimally more

> expensive.

I bought a Top crank, and it came in Mazuccelli or whatever packaging.

Return and get the right pin size. Not worth switching out the crank unless you are going to upgrade.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account