81 Vespa Ciao I have 12 pin and bought 10

Joseph Rhoades /

I just bought a 64cc Malossi cylinder kit with a 10 pin and realized mines a 12 pin. What's the best way to conquer this? Should I get a new crank or is there an easier way. If the crank is the way to go , which is the best one?

Re: 81 Vespa Ciao I have 12 pin and bought 10

campeona del mundo /

if you're planning on a mildly fast setup just go for the top crank its cheap and will take some abuse

epic fail

campeona del mundo /

actually this forces him to replace his stock crank with something that won't inevitably sheer once any sort of power is put through it. so its a win!

did you buy it from treats? i bet benji would switch em for you if you wrote him a nice email.

my stock vespa crank hauls ass w/ a dr kit on it. been going almost 50 on for like 2 years. it's got big end rollers. the piston was seized when i got it, but the crank seemed fine.

Don't get a top crank get a mazi crank they are much much better and only minimally more expensive.

Joe Peg Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Don't get a top crank get a mazi crank they are

> much much better and only minimally more

> expensive.

I bought a Top crank, and it came in Mazuccelli or whatever packaging.

Return and get the right pin size. Not worth switching out the crank unless you are going to upgrade.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account