E50 Powerdynamo DC timing

Anyone Ever time a Powerdynamo on an E50. Im running a 65 CC Metrakit with 19mm PHGB carb 96 main jet and a MLM Puch Hero Kit exhaust. Three shoe race clutch & stock crank so I want to keep it under 9000 rpm. I can't remember what else. I have searched for any info but have found none. Powerdynamo says 2MM BTC. I would Rocket at high revs but it would cut out coming down from WOT. Any advise? (edited)

Re: E50 Powerdynamo DC timing

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

Just run points & condenser if your not spinning over 10.5K

Domo Arigato Mr. /

Pointless.

1.65 to 1.7 BTDC is where I run all of my powerdynamo's

Domo Arigato Mr. /

Thanks.

Crazy Wayne Rocks U suck Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Just run points & condenser if your not spinning

> over 10.5K

How does this help?

Nothing will help if he has bad bearings seals an air leaks, it's my fault he wasted his money on the Powerdynamo CDI instead of a new crank bearings an seals and or cant tune his setup.

Don't you have a head light that needs fixing.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?7,3071183 (edited)

Domo Arigato Mr. /

Here is about what you ASSumed and know nothing about. New rebuild just used stock crank so, new barrings and no leaks. Ran like a top just getting it back with new electrics. I can do points easy just wanted the CDI for bright ass lights and less maintenance. It was a simple question posed to forum members who have done this before.

Didn't your mama ever tell you if you "If you have nothing good to say then don't say anything at all"

No new crank seals?

And it helps if you post everything you did or did not do.

And your full setup list all parts & settings.

So we don't wast time ASSuming what the problem is.

Domo Arigato Mr. /

Hooked like fish. I see your posts and they are useless as I am sure you are. I here by ignore you troll.

Thread ended

Robert, it's a simple pattern: make fun of you, ask for all the setting or other non-important issues, not answer you. As noted in the thread he linked above where he refuses to offer a logical answer. But yea, your right, troll. Follow Ryan's advice, he knows his shit.

I just don't understand why you'd build that engine on a stock crank...

Domo Arigato Mr. /

I my self did not build it. Simple fact is I the was out of mula. Yes, should have been first on the order but its what I have so its what I ride. When its done then I throw in a Rito but until then... lesson learned.

start from the inside out. crank first, then work your way out.

"less maintenance" from a cdi

I know dynamo's are awesome but points are set and forget no boxes to burn up, what your points need cleaned every 5k miles that takes 5sec and boom your done! clean your cdi box when it dies and tell me how that works when you get stranded.

Domo Arigato Mr. /

Show me a moped points system that gives me 100 watts DC at idle then we will talk.

I had the same setup as you at one point, and I could not get it to run correctly unless the timing was set @ 2mm BTDC. just my two cents. your jetting is way too high for that setup as well.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account