What are people using for 70cc Tomos A35 Head Gaskets?

Andrew Squiggman /

So I ordered some 70cc head gaskets for my airsal 70 kit on my A35 from Treats. When they came, I noticed they are the same size as the stock ones. I wrote Benji, and he did a little research. he said it appears there is no 70cc head gaskets available. So does everyone here just run no head gasket? or make them from scratch? or run the 50cc one? I could run the 50, but it would protrude about 3mm inside the combustion chamber. that sounds to me like something that would burn up quick, or at least, interfere with the flow of the burn. so, whatcha doin?

oh, I would do a search, but I am on a crummy internet connection deep in the woods, and it takes like 5 minutes to load a page right now, so this is faster for me.

Re: What are people using for 70cc Tomos A35 Head Gaskets?

Yeah make one. I ran a one for over 500 miles I made myself from a coca-cola 12pk case.

Andrew Squiggman /

I just put almost a thousand miles on this kit, and never used a head gasket. never seemed to be a problem, but when I blew a seal the other day and pulled the head, it looks to have been slightly leaking at the bottom. this is why I am curious.

wouldnt an aluminum can make better sense to make a gasket than a 12 pack cardboard case, as the high temps it lives in there?

SOme of the Kit Head Gaskets seem to be for a Puch and the Bolt pattern is a little off and tbey are made out of Aluminun. I take the stock Copper Head Gasket and with a Majic Marker mark the gasket and with a straight left metal Snips cut out the extra and sand the edge. when re-using, I heat and quench in cold water so the copper is soft again. Remember each time the gasket gets a little thinner so 3 or 4 times check the compression and see if a new one is needed.

this works on puch and tomos

puch-head-gasket-70cc-dos-2T.jpg

yeah i'll use puch ones, copper is where its at to

Puch gasket and 70cc puch hi comp head is a winning combo on my a35

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account