60cc express. Help me ride it.

Scott Schmidt /

60cc shocko kit.

recut head.

carbon reeds.

Mikuni vm16

weakends intake.

pipe.

jets are. 80 main 30 idle. needle is 1 down from top.

AM i even CLOSE wtf.

It ran last summer. (hard to start tho)

It will pop and run for seconds if i jockey the throttle. always gives me wet plugs.

Even got it to run a bit longer after i heated the plug with a torch.

im sure the main should be at 75 ish ... should i bring the idle down?

thank you. -Love Scott (edited)

Re: 60cc express. Help me ride it.

Bring the idle jet down to a 15 or less. Play with the air screw (I'm not sure if mikunis that small have one) and put a new plug in it.

Scott Schmidt /

ya ive messed with that too i believe the jets are out of range for the mixture screw to be effective.

you think down to 15?

yeah 30 is too big

Scott Schmidt /

so there seems to be a trend going with 30 being too big... ill stop at shop on the way home and grab a 15 and 20? but were thinking 15 sounds about right?

i run a 12.5 and a 10 in 2 different 18mm mik setups

Scott Schmidt /

wow smaller than i thought. good info.

know wonder im getting wet plugs (edited)

I have a 70cc kit on my '78 express and I have a 145 main jet in my vm20. Not sure if that helps. Just throwing it out there for the good of the cause. I'm not sure what my idle jet is.

Scott Schmidt /

it didnt. ha

145 is huge tho.

Scott Schmidt /

15 were the smallest my shop had... so i got one

got some new plugs. and some starter fluid. and emptied the tank and put fresh gas in.

popped off but wouldnt run. i replaced the coil and condenser the other week. some universals from treats.

but its has spark.

idk about to give up and give it to some one .

Nooooooooooooooooo! Don't get rid of your bike, man!

Bear in mind that your bike, when it was new from the factory, had a 48 main jet. Pretty small, right? Try to get some small jets for it and see what happens. Should only cost you a few bucks. What the hell, right? I am thinking, about a 100 main should do it, to go with your new cylinder.

Best of luck to you!

Gruff "(OFMC)" - /

the shocko is the same porting as a stock 50. your issue is defineitly the mix. way too rich! Oh I guess you know that already This may not relate since Im using a stock carb on my 60 but it wouldnt except anything bigger than a 90 main but the idle is itty bitty. (edited)

timing?

Scott Schmidt /

still figuring it out. not sure what to think. kinda thinking that coil was jank. not consistant or strong enough spark. even starting fluid would get it going. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm not giving away.

Scott Schmidt /

Put it on the conpression-o-meter.... 220 psi. Might be my problem. Going to swap back to stock head.

Gerard Cantu /

i had a 82 express run for about 1/2 a min. then stop. i couldn't fegure it out .took it to someone he checked some wires then told me it was my cdi. put a new one on it. now it runs. hope this helps.

Gruff "(OFMC)" - /

haha yeah 220 is a firecracker!!

Dont use starting fluid!!!! Use gas oil mix. Starting fluid washes all of the oil off of everything. 2 strokes + starting fluid = Bad

Scott Schmidt /

Hmm. Thanks good to know

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account