How Do I Do Top Tank Build

---- Corey B ---- /

this is my bike...

whats your opinions on extending the swingarm and top tanking it?

my real question though is how would i go about top tanking it? and also the seat is perttttyyyy gay (no offense to anyone) so does anybody know a sportier seat i could somehow put on? thankyouuuu

Re: How Do I Do Top Tank Build

Find someone to do it for you.

† CH∆D † /

Wear a tank top

Overpriced Parts /

Keep that ped the way it is and get another one to fab up

---- Corey B ---- /

ken, why do you say that? i also have a columbia commuter but seeing as though that does 15mph and this does 40 i thought id rather do this haha

I can't believe how gay that seat is.

Take the tank and seat off. Weld in a bar across the top (or have somebody weld it for you), mount the tank of your choice, mount the seat you want. It's really not much work, its simply a matter of finding the parts you want and making them work.

---- Corey B ---- /

does anybody have any seat suggestions? its a comfy seat and all and pretty neat that it has storage inside it. but i'd like something more racer like

This is the kind of question that if you have to ask, its probably not a very good idea. Also that seat is FABULOUS!

---- Corey B ---- /

i understand the concept of how its done. im more looking for if there is any problems,tricks,etc of how to that i may not know. and the seat it very comfy and the storage is great. but i just dont like how long and big it is

But gay is the new cool thing. I'd keep it, it'll be worth it.

Ken Roff Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Keep that ped the way it is and get another one to

> fab up

the bike runs, does 40, and is beautiful. why you wanna go fix something that ain't broke?

there are plenty of moped projects you can score on the cheap to do a top tank with. maybe you will even find a top tank bike. (edited)

It is beyond me why ppl feel the need to extend the swingarm on anything but a drag bike. It is good for nothing but fast, hard launches (like faster than any moped could ever dream to go). It will ruin the agility and nimble-ness of your moped. Dont do it

and if youre asking how you dont belong doing it anyway.

Emil Kniemel /

i think people extend swingarms on the those hill climbing dirt bikes too so you dont flip over.

but i agree, i actually love the short wheelbase look of mopeds a la criterion road bicycles and more so track bicycles.

vs

(edited)

step-thrus are the new top tanks

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account