SMOKE?!?!

Puch Maxi e50 , long story short, cleansed my carb. had trouble with it leaking, tweaked a few things(it stopped).. drained all the old fuel. filled a full tank of bel-ray 2T (synthetic) , got er' started up and sounding good. but there is ALOT of blue smoke from the pipe, and its stinky. I did 40:1 mix, (128oz gas per 3.2oz oil)

common with this oil or what??

Re: SMOKE?!?!

Overpriced Parts /

Could be blown crank seal and your burning trans fluid or you put the choke plate in wrong not clipping it on to the choke lever

hmmm.. took it around the block and it has diminished alot... and it is running wayyyyyyy better than before.

just a little richer than before maybe?? the smoke is fairly blue in color.

Eric Boucher /

Ken Roff Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Could be blown crank seal and your burning trans fluid

The transmission fluid makes white smoke, not blue....

Correct me if I am wrong.

Overpriced Parts /

Not if you run motor oil in it instead of type f.

Type f is so 70's. For the 21st century 0-20w synthetic is used

I've been running oil in my e50's and za50"s for many years

well... after a short bit of riding the smoke has stopped totally, and with the new mix of gas/oil, cleaned carb/jet, the bike is running amazing.. very psyched!

Cleats Onionpockets /

Had the bike been sitting for a long time without running? Could be you just needed to burn off the gunk in the pipe.

it hadnt been sitting for than a week or so.. im just guessing it was something to do with draining the old fuel and changing up the oil type and the mix..

Lucky, I want blue smoke so thick people think i'm running from the smoke monster from LOST

^same

Scott Schmidt /
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account