V1's with the Puch intake.

For the 16:16 SHA it seems all they made were the square Puch intakes. I was wondering how large you have to dremel the hole to match it to the V1. Or is it easier to make the v1 port a square? Pictures would be awesome.

Danke.

Re: V1's with the Puch intake.

Luke “Funkenet” Hosfield /

Its easier to bore out the circular 12mm intake. They has tons of extra metal to be removed.

so just make the little stock 12:14 hole a square to match it?

No just drill/drill press the round 12mm puch intake to whatever size you need (in this case 16mm). Just don't go too far or you will go right through the intake. Then widen out the intake on the cylinder to match.

I do not think I'm fallowing you correctly. they make a 16mm intake for a puch, meaning it has the rectangular base to go to the cylinder. I'm wondering if it is smarter to make that a circle like the v1. or to make the Carb intake on the cylinder itseld a rectangle to match the intake to the carb.

Just buy a 12mm. They come already in a circle shape. Then you can bore that out to 16mm. Or just get the 16mm and shape the cylinder to square or the opposite, depends on which starts bigger. I would think that it would be easier to match the clyinder to the square intake though.

That's what I think I will do. I have a nice small dremel. Thanks!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account