Upgrading Carb/Intake Manifold/Air Filter/Exhaust questions

Wouldntyou Wannaknow /

I have a 12mm Bing Carb (with 12mm intake) and I'm looking to upgrade that to a 15mm Bing Carb and 15mm intake manifold. In company with that, I also want to upgrade the Air Filter and Exhaust, which I have to do if I'm upgrading the Carb, right? I guess I'm asking for recommendations on Exhausts and Air Filters that perform well and are going to fit well (I don't want to have to do much alteration.) I have a stock Puch Magnum XK--and I'm wondering how much more speed I will get after doing these alterations.

All of those things will work fine with the rest of my stock engine, right?

Lastly, how is this air filter?

https://www.treatland.tv/puch-bing-red-foam-hi-flow-filter-p/puch-bing-red-foam-air-filter.htm

Anyway, thanks for your help in advance.

Re: Upgrading Carb/Intake Manifold/Air Filter/Exhaust questions

Luke “Funkenet” Hosfield /

That filter blows. Get gas on it and it falls apart.

Wouldntyou Wannaknow /

Any suggestions for a better one? I'm willing to get a good one, I just want it to fit well.

Wouldntyou Wannaknow /

Top:

Thought through some things, figured I'd run it by MA before I buy it all.

15mm Bing Carb

15mm Intake Manifold

MLM Putt-Putt Exhaust

Uni Hi-flow Air Filter (the 7 dollar one).

do all of those upgrades make sense in conjunction? and what the hell jet would you guys start out with when tuning? Thanks.

There's no reason that setup shouldn't work out that I can see. IMO the best air filter is a stretched piece of pantyhose and a rubber band.

Haven't run a bing in forever so no idea what size jet. Is the performance tuning spreadsheet still in the wiki? Check it

Wouldntyou Wannaknow /

So, you literally just cover the whole with panty hose and rubber band it up? Sounds cheaper than a air filter, as long as it won't make everything too lean.

it definitely runs lean until you jet it properly

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account