FA50 Seized up

Curtis Drolshagen /

So I recently seized my FA50 like a dumbass and I'm wondering what to do now. Should I buy the 60cc kit or just get a new cylinder and piston? Not sure what all I would have to do with the new kit as far as carburator jets and stuff like that. Any input is appreciated!

Re: FA50 Seized up

Did it seize beyond repair? I've seized mine a few times and was able to just hone the cylinder and sand on the rings a bit and she's still motoring along.

Curtis Drolshagen /

oh yeah shes done I think the oiler ring might have gotten caught on a port because the piston is wrecked and the cylinder has a huge gouge in the side

Git r honed and put a wiseco in it. I get 35 out of a stock jug worn with new rings, stock piston, exhuast, carb and jets, and carbon fiber reeds in a ported cage. Slightly ported jug. I widened my exhuast port and drilled my transfer ports up like 2mm and massaged with sandpaper.

If you are fresh and aftermarket, you can hit more....

Powers not a problem on these little babies, its the transmission and it's inability to be regeared or variated without much to do. I've stopped riding mine for the time being until I figure out how to solve this issue. It's got plenty of power, just runs out of gear around 38 mph. With the right gearing and/or variation these things could run 45+ I'm sure and I will.

Curtis Drolshagen /

wtf is a wiseco and a ported cage you are speaking a different language man

I finally installed my 60cc kit a couple days ago and it seems great. I've only ridden it a little over 10 miles since installing and havent had any trouble yet. I wish I could say how fast it will go but I havent tested. I am currently running a Simonini exhaust on this one and may switch the MLM sidebleed exhaust off the other one to test once I break the kit in.

If you do decide to do the kit make sure you upjet. Since you seized sounds like you may need to anyway. Or just make sure youre running oil.. lol.

Check the wiki out for help upjetting if you need it, its simple. I would recommend the kit as it is super simple to install and comes with everything you need to do it. Got it delivered quickly as well.

As someone mentioned before the gearing is an issue for top speed but if you are content with running in the mid 30s the kits the way to go for sure. It blasts and is rediculously powerful for an FA50. I do plan on posting the performance results of my trials once I decide to push it a bit more. Figure Ill ride a hundred miles or so to hopefully break it in as well as making sure I'm not running lean.

Good luck to ya bro, if you need any help let me know.

Zeke Rigg /

Wiseco sells aftermarket pistons. ported cage means he opened the reed cage to a larger size, on the fa 50 this is the same thing as your intake.

also you can get custom cut sprockets for 50$ any one want to throw down the money and take the plunge?

Curtis Drolshagen /

well boys got her apart and figured out what happened...the circlip that holds the wrist pin in broke and went through the cylinder wiping out the pistion and gouging the cylinder pretty bad...but i found a complete engine and rear wheel on ebay for$100 so I went with that. The seller says it has over 100psi of compression and that it only had 3000miles on it so here goes nothing I guess

Sounds good. Good luck.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account