Mild Tuning-- Stock 2 Shoe Clutch

Benevolent Aroh /

I want to slightly delay the clutch on a E50 maxi kitted with a 50cc treats kit and boss pipe. I have blue springs for the clutch, I plan on using a fish scale to set them to release at 15 lbs?

I also have a drill press and am thinking about lighting each clutch arm, could I use the drill press to take out material on each arm by drilling two or three holes in the exact spot on each arm?

I have never tuned a clutch, so any advice is welcomed. I do not have a brace, so I prefer to not do anything to crazy just yet

Re: Mild Tuning-- Stock 2 Shoe Clutch

Matt Mahloch -- MBM Customs /

Thats pretty next level, I don't think any of us would know. Your a super tuner.

Probably Fred /

Sounds good post pictures when your done

Yeah I weighed mine first and used a drill press for mine. Drill one hole were you want it then remove from press and set up the next shoe and place the shoe you lightened on top of the non lightened one. Use it as a guide and line up and clamp down then remove the shoe you used as a guide and drill away. Don't drill through both at once

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

I would drill, then test it, repeat, until happy. I think I took mine down to 89.9 grams.

Benevolent Aroh /

Sounds good. I will post pictures tmrw once it is done

- Summerai - Drew /

For an extreme stocker rocker clutch go 77g and kick start springs.

I used to cut off the farthest corners from the pivot to get down to weight.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account