01 tomos targa lx.... treats kit, puch hi hi comp head, molossi 4 pedal, weakends intake, mikuni vm22 (stock needle clip on top,185main stock everything else) bi turbo exhaust, bike cuts out at 44mph???

01 tomos targa lx.... treats kit, puch hi hi comp head, molossi 4 pedal, weakends intake, mikuni vm22 (stock needle, clip on top, 185 main jet, stock everything else), bi turbo exhaust, bike cuts out at 44mph???

it seems to be jetted pretty close, but the problem is it cuts out around 42-44 mph like the electronics are limited or theres a rev limiter, it doesnt bog or 4stroke it just kills out for a second then comes back but will not i mean WILL NOT GO PAST 44MPH!!!!!

someone please help me ive had lots of peds and tomos and never had this problem!!!

im running stock cdi, timing, plug, lights, my blinkers are unpluged and my rear tail light is blown!! but i know it should do 50mph on prob!!! text me at 407-242-4662 or hit me up on here names tony thanks so much

Re: 01 tomos targa lx.... treats kit, puch hi hi comp head, molossi 4 pedal, weakends intake, mikuni vm22 (stock needle clip on top,185main stock everything else) bi turbo exhaust, bike cuts out at 44mph???

Totally normal JBOT /

Oh, you'll be getting texts....

What's your setup again?

Re: 01 tomos targa lx.... treats kit, puch hi hi comp head, molossi 4 pedal, weakends intake, mikuni vm22 (stock needle clip on top,185main stock everything else) bi turbo exhaust, bike cuts out at 44mph???

Hi hi head is ruining it.

that is all that bike will do. your roadmaster will not go faster than 44

Check your float level. You may be running out of fuel in the bowl...

Gearing, rev limiter..done

tony mascaro /

Weak-Ends Tj Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Gearing, rev limiter..done

so there is a rev limiter??? is it the coil itself?? thanks for your time tj

tony mascaro /

Jake P Wrote:

> Check your float level. You may be running out of

> fuel in the bowl...

thanks jake ill try that and by float level you mean my clip setting on my needle??

tony mascaro /

Adam Riggsby Wrote:

> Hi hi head is ruining it.

what makes you say that???

he has 28x22 gearing. its not the rev limiter. Its your jetting!!!

I say head and jetting

If that's your gearing it's all in your carb.

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

Tony your Re posting the same shit post so fuck you ..

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?6,3068750

Don't help this ass wipe

tony mascaro /

Crazy Wayne Rocks U suck Wrote:

> Tony your Re posting the same shit post so fuck

> you ..

> https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?6,3068750

>

> Don't help this ass wipe

hahahahaha wow i was so stoked crazy wayne was commenting on my post and he tells me hey tony fuck you lol

Wayne , what exactly are you tring to say ? This dude is an assclown troll ?

tony mascaro /

yeah whatever you say buddy lol

tony mascaro /

Rick Ems Wrote:

> Wayne , what exactly are you tring to say ? This

> dude is an assclown troll ?

hahaha you guys are funny

Well Rick Tony has confirmed your sanctimonious conclusion.

Tony is an assclown troll!

Tal Reznikov /

tony, what they are trying to say is that you reposted the same thing, and you put too much in the topic line.

next time, have the topic be no more than a few words, similar to

'01 targa LX cuts out at 44

or

2001 lx trouble

or

'01 targa lx wont go fast

and then have the specs described later

as for your problem, its probably your timing/cdi.

i would take it to someone that knows tomos and show it to them in person.

tony mascaro /

Tal Reznikov Wrote:

> tony, what they are trying to say is that you

> reposted the same thing, and you put too much in

> the topic line.

>

> next time, have the topic be no more than a few

> words, similar to

> '01 targa LX cuts out at 44

> or

> 2001 lx trouble

> or

> '01 targa lx wont go fast

>

> and then have the specs described later

>

> as for your problem, its probably your

> timing/cdi.

> i would take it to someone that knows tomos and

> show it to them in person.

word up thanks.. and i know a good amount about tomos, im pretty sure its my needle but thanks the vm22 comes with a stupid fat needle with no taper so im gonna file it down like the vm20 and give it a shot.. the bike runs great from 0-44 just seems to run out of fuel or something i thing its my flow at wot maybe ill try a hi flow cock lol

not a Baron Asshole /

Tony that is the issue with the vm22 and tm28, they come with needles and jets that dont work properly with our 2 stroke setups. You will have to change them out to work properly, try swapping the vm20 and let US know if that works?

you are not hitting the limiter until about 53 or so with that gearing.

also you should have a head temp gauge, to keep it under 360 ish

that jetting has to be too fat as well with my experience. i run 185 in a vm20 and run to 66mph.

pete

The needle clip setting does not control the float level.

And if youre WOT the needle has nothing to do with metering gas flow. I'm running basically the same setup and if I remember correctly I'm running a 160 (I think)

Also I don't think it's your small cock that's the problem either.

Pull the petcock from the tank it has a filter screen in the tank check it and the gas cap vent.

tony mascaro /

Slow Goer Pete Wrote:

> Tony that is the issue with the vm22 and tm28,

> they come with needles and jets that dont work

> properly with our 2 stroke setups. You will have

> to change them out to work properly, try swapping

> the vm20 and let US know if that works?

>

> you are not hitting the limiter until about 53 or

> so with that gearing.

>

> also you should have a head temp gauge, to keep it

> under 360 ish

>

> that jetting has to be too fat as well with my

> experience. i run 185 in a vm20 and run to 66mph.

>

>

> pete

yo pete thanks so much for some REAL solid info!!! means alot ive been looking for a good answer and i think you gave it to me!! thanks again brother

tony mascaro /

mop rider Wrote:

> The needle clip setting does not control the float

> level.

>

> And if youre WOT the needle has nothing to do with

> metering gas flow. I'm running basically the same

> setup and if I remember correctly I'm running a

> 160 (I think)

>

> Also I don't think it's your small cock that's the

> problem either.

haha thanks so much dude, did you swap all your jets with vm20? if so how did it turn out

tony mascaro /

Crazy Wayne Rocks U suck Wrote:

> Pull the petcock from the tank it has a filter

> screen in the tank check it and the gas cap vent.

wordd thanks man

tony mascaro /

Slow Goer Pete Wrote:

> Tony that is the issue with the vm22 and tm28,

> they come with needles and jets that dont work

> properly with our 2 stroke setups. You will have

> to change them out to work properly, try swapping

> the vm20 and let US know if that works?

>

> you are not hitting the limiter until about 53 or

> so with that gearing.

>

> also you should have a head temp gauge, to keep it

> under 360 ish

>

> that jetting has to be too fat as well with my

> experience. i run 185 in a vm20 and run to 66mph.

>

>

> pete

one more question pete! should i be changing everything from the vm20 to the vm22 idle screw, mixture, needle etc???

if so can you name all of what i need, thanks so much for your time!!

Gromosaurus Rex - Brad Pitt /

I cannot help you. I need more info in the subject line.

I know I'm bringing a year old thread back from the dead but this is the only one I found that's close to the issue I'm having..a matter of fact it's exactly what's happening..

I have a 80 bullet with an a35

Treats kit

Hi comp head

Custom intake

Mikuni vm20 (175 main stock everything else)

Bi turbo pipe

28x20 gearing

My bike is also hitting a wall at like 43mph and won't go any higher..tony did you ever figure out what was causing your bike to do this??

Any input would be appreciated

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account