Re: Stumped. Help me solve this issue if you can...

Chris Bettini /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Thanks for all the help guys...

Ken, I went back to the 72 Jet... I am not sure I understand what you mean about drilling the carb slide.

So far I can say it happens regardless of jet size (I started with a 74, went to a 72, 70, then 68 and back to the 72), spark plug size (I started with B7HS, went to a B6HS, then back to a B7HS, tried a B8HS and now back to the B7HS again) I changed all my fuel, didn't help. I run premium 91 octane and add an Italian synthetic 2-cycle I got at the local vespa/snow mobile shop. I took off the air filter to see if it was not getting enough air. It started when it got humid in Omaha, but weather has gone back to like when it was running great and still having the same issue.

Mel, I would hate to think that the brand new petcock filters and rebuilt carburetor would already be having trouble, but the tank does have some rust, and it was cleaned out as best as it could be. I've only had this Maxi for a little over 3 weeks and we replaced everything!

I'll drain the fuel again and pull the petcock and see if it has anything clogging the filter screen, and I will pull the banjo filter and see if it may be clogged too.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Stumped. Help me solve this issue if you can...Topic by: Chris Bettini Chris Bettini 05/26/12 11:55PM
  Re: Stumped. Help me solve this issue if you can...Re: Downhill Harvey (OFMC) Downhill Harvey (OFMC) 05/27/12 12:35AM
  Re: Stumped. Help me solve this issue if you can...Re: Chris Bettini Chris Bettini 05/27/12 12:40AM
  Re: Stumped. Help me solve this issue if you can...Re: Chris Bettini Chris Bettini 05/27/12 12:41AM
  Re: Stumped. Help me solve this issue if you can...Re: Downhill Harvey (OFMC) Downhill Harvey (OFMC) 05/27/12 12:58AM
  Re: Stumped. Help me solve this issue if you can...Re: discontinuuity _ discontinuuity _ 05/27/12 02:02AM
  Re: Stumped. Help me solve this issue if you can...Re: Chris Bettini Chris Bettini 05/27/12 10:59AM
  Re: Stumped. Help me solve this issue if you can...Re: Mel Dyer Mel Dyer 05/27/12 05:48PM
  Re: Stumped. Help me solve this issue if you can...Re: Chris Bettini Chris Bettini 05/28/12 03:40AM
  Re: Stumped. Help me solve this issue if you can...Re: Mel Dyer Mel Dyer 05/28/12 05:14PM
  Re: Stumped. Help me solve this issue if you can...Re: Probably Fred Probably Fred 05/28/12 09:33AM
  Re: Stumped. Help me solve this issue if you can...Re: Ed - Dead Possums Ed - Dead Possums 05/28/12 11:27PM
  Re: Stumped. Help me solve this issue if you can...Re: Chris Bettini Chris Bettini 05/28/12 11:28PM
  Re: Stumped. Help me solve this issue if you can...Re: Ed - Dead Possums Ed - Dead Possums 05/29/12 01:30AM
  Re: Stumped. Help me solve this issue if you can...Re: Chris Bettini Chris Bettini 05/28/12 11:30PM
  Re: Stumped. Help me solve this issue if you can...Re: #CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne #CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne 05/28/12 11:34PM
  Re: Stumped. Help me solve this issue if you can...Re: Chris Bettini Chris Bettini 05/28/12 11:37PM
  Re: Stumped. Help me solve this issue if you can...Re: #CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne #CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne 05/28/12 11:51PM
  Re: Stumped. Help me solve this issue if you can...Re: Chris Bettini Chris Bettini 05/29/12 01:51AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account