12v Coil + Trail Tech DC Regulator/Rectifier + LED's = Not bright

So, I've got this

Running through this

Powering this bulb

With no battery connected. There's a review on treats saying that the LED bulbs aren't very bright and that they burn out one by one - which wasn't there when I bought this. I'm assuming the brightness is right, but the burning out is due to no rectifier or regulator. I'm getting 12v DC from the regulator and everything seems good - except the brightness of the bulb.

What bulb do I REALLY want? Is it the bulb or the setup? The LED tailight I bought is SUPA bright. (edited)

Re: 12v Coil + Trail Tech DC Regulator/Rectifier + LED's = Not bright

Any reason you want an led headlight? That coil can put out 50w easy.

Nope... Don't care. Just want bright lights. The halogens are out of stock... guess it's time to hit up some autostores around town.

Yeah go with a 35 to 50 watt halogen in the front.

How is it wired up? Also a large capacitor across the DC output of that regulator will make it work much better.

-naz

Wires on Regulator:

Yellow - Green wire from coil

Yellow - Yellow wire from coil

Red - Positive DC feed into wiring harness (negative side grounded)

Black - Tied into common ground

Blue - Not hooked up

My only concern was using the same ground for A/C and DC.

Second, not having the blue wire hooked up. Seemed to me like it was just a regulated resistance to keep the battery from overcharging and didn't matter one way or another as batteries are for suckas (edited)

That kind of bulb will never be bright. Its simply the wrong design for your application. It would be ok for a tail light, brake light or a marker light though.

Cool. Halogen it is. Only reason I didn't go that way to begin with is the halogen's were out of stock (and still are).

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account