Carb for 1980 50v Motobecane

does anyone have any ideas on a new carburator that would be good for my 50v motobecane and where to buy it. i want one that will make it a little faster but wont be too hard to put on and get to work with my stock moped.

Re: Carb for 1980 50v Motobecane

Wiki

SHA 14:12 with a #53 jet will give you same performance but less leak/weeping fuel.

SHA 14:14 with a #56 jet will liven up the bike a little but you may have to ream out your shorty intake or upgrade to an intake for a SHA15:15. Some stock intakes are 12mm and some are 13mm you will need to measure to be sure.

Either of those two will get goodly performance, if you derestrict the stock exhause it will really freshen up the bike. Also adjust the timing to 1,5mm BTDC to get her moving nicely.

SHA 15:15 with a #62 jet will get your bike moving but you will need to upgrade to a 15mm intake and you will also need to derestrict the exhause. Best also to match port the intake to the cylinder.

The SHA15:15 is like the gateway drug of carbs and you will likely want to get a goodly pipe to go with it... and a after market variator... and...

Gromosaurus Rex - Brad Pitt /

Rebel, I am ordering a 15.15 SHA w Shorty intake w 50v today. Obviously, deristricting the pipe will give better performance but if i.did not and left everything else stock, would I have issues w the 15.15 ?

Figured this Gurtner has had it and dont even feel like wasting my time cleaning out all this cocaine

Thats pretty nasty!

The malossi shorty you might need to shave the top of the flange a little to get it to bolt on. You will see what I mean when you get it if it is the one that needs a shave.

You will want to derestrict the exhause or at least make a new back plate with at least a 11mm or 7/16 exit hole for the full experience. Without the backflow silencer it will be louder but the original is restrictive.

With all that crap in the carb you would also want to flush your fuel tank really well with some kerosene. Also check if your fueltap is working.

Thanks Rebel. Petcock was shit. Tossed that already and stole one off my project VLX for the time being. Tank surprisingly was not bad. Flush plain gas through it and there was no debris (still going to vinegar the tank for shits and giggles). What on earth is that cocaine substance in the carb. Never seen anything like it. Moped was purportedly running last fall ???

Did not derestrict exhaust yet or match inatke to port. Just slapped 15 sha on (still need to mod throttle for complete pull) w 62 jet and I have hit 38 mph. Awesome performance. Now to replace that damn condenser.

The white is actually oxidized aluminium from the water in the fuel.

Sadly 'running when parked' can equate to "the Titanic was floating when she left port"

Brad Pitt Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks Rebel. Petcock was shit. Tossed that

> already and stole one off my project VLX for the

> time being. Tank surprisingly was not bad. Flush

> plain gas through it and there was no debris

> (still going to vinegar the tank for shits and

> giggles). What on earth is that cocaine substance

> in the carb. Never seen anything like it. Moped

> was purportedly running last fall ???

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account