derbi 6 rolllers on hobbit

soooo i lucked out and found a old derbi 6 roller for my hobbit... got it for 70 bucks shipped with dr pulley sliders.... pretty goood price i think?:)

so ive searched hi and low on here and other sites.... ppl say there the tits but nobody has really talked about there set up what weights, belts?

so i have a hobbit with 65 polini, 15mm carb ona 19mm intake(85 main jet)...

i get about 44 mph flat with my notched 3 roller(ramps are fucked, feels like a 2 speed, over shifts and falls outa pipe like a tjt)

hoping the new one will shift smooth and help me stay in my powerband

sooo any one feel free to help out with your set up or experiences

Re: derbi 6 rolllers on hobbit

You need to tune your bike... if its falling out of the powerband then you need to do more tuning.

nope its my vario i fucked up the notches had to run metal weights to stop from catchin and now the ramps are like gouged out.... causin it to click into a high gear and stay there till the revs drop ALOTT....

I agree. Its the variator. I have the same problem. Bike is tuned fine. It just gets to a point where the revs drop and it gets off the pipe. Need to work on tuning the variators me thinks. I want some of those dr pulley thingys. I think the belt positioning and the rear variator are key here. Possibly the belt selection as well. I have one of those bx40? belts on mine. I think it is making it more difficult to tune because honda's belt adjustment no longer applies to my bike. Also look at jbot's rear variator modification. i think it is the key to a 45+mph hobbit. I cant seem to get mine to go over about 45. It gets there fast as hell. But wont go much over it. Good luck and i'll let you know if i manage to find the magic formula.

Wat vario are you running henry?

Btw the problem is with my uncorrectly notched 3 roller not the new one i havent got it yet

I am using the tjt variator.

You guys need to go to lighter weights, and yeah jbots will fix that problem anyway it seems.

Dropping out of the powerband on hobbits is usually all rear pulley.

Try the progressive mod and see.

Here's the test, you rip up to 30.

Then it falls flat. If so, it's yer pulley.

ill try that tomorow but anyways ive briefly read your mod over... what would you suggest for me with the new derbi 6 roller and the smooth stock plate? 14/18 aswell or less because i don't have the agressive ramp plates leadinng to the jump everyone refers to

If your kitted, 14/18 is a good place to start.

Remember that the angle on the driive face on the derbi variator is not the same as the angle on the clutch bell... they do not match...

Yes i know this because of black betty, he had his milled to match , which i may do if it becomes a issue.... So basically no ones got on their honda?

O also ill assume the tjt faces dont match the hobbit bell as they r designed for a derbi...can anyone confirm?

But they work fine

nothing matches. Its mopeds not motorcycles. Lathe it up.. for sure.

unless you want to wear belts out I suppose. (edited)

Lol i understand but countless ppl run tjts without issues so oh well

your funeral

Beeeezy i know u gottta opinion shareee

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

stop takin derbi six rollers for your silly hobbitzes

it's like taking the horn from a unicorn and bolting it on your donkey

Well then sounds like i gotta figure it out for myself , aha but awesome sounds like someone might want this one ;)

bump

Stupid derbis and all their parts that no one can find and taking off pedal arms just to look at anything under the hood.

Hobbits win.

Also, I've run a 6 roller and a TJT on a hobbit for years. Never had terrible issues with belts- and that's without matching the ramps. The best thing I've found is to run a stock derbi six roller plate on a TJT. The TJT ramps are no bueno for the stock rear contra spring. The ramps are noticeably different.

Pretty sure UB Hoffa has a line on some heavier springs for the rear pulley too- he's elusive tho

William Johnson /

I currently have a 6 roller on my Hobbit. Been on since last year. I haven't done anything to it, and am noticing its time for a new belt.

"stop takin derbi six rollers for your silly hobbitzes"

i lol d.

i really think the stock / stock notched hobbit vario works well enough for most

lol the derbi is a beast don't kid yourself... i love it but havent ever ridden a tjt so idk what to compare to but def wayyy better then notched imo... local friend has a tjt in the mail so ill update inabit

The tjt is a copy of the derbi 6 roller but more focused on performance... the ramp is much more aggressive...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account