Re: 78 Honda Express(NC50) 70cc DR kit

if your going to put all that cash into the motor don`t cheap out on the pipe. the black bike with the side bleed pipe was my old bike with a week-ends pipe. that pipe unleashed the full potential of the kit with out doing any porting or case matching. the bike ran 55mph no problem and has seen 60 1 or 2 times.

make sure you replace the seal on the stator side. they idle fine and accelerate good but at wot they will leak and say good by to your new kit.

i ran amsoil 50:1 from day 1.

Is there a reason that many people uses the VM20 instead of the VM16? Is the VM16 too small for a big bore kit?

Kevin M in the week ends pipe pic, what tire are you running on that thing? I would like to go larger diameter with a 70cc to get some more top end speed

No it is not too small but for the price people just go larger. The VM16 also would likely be used and came in a few different styles.

not my bike in the week ends pic. just a pic for exhaust reference. but it is likely this tire

https://www.treatland.tv/shinko-14x2-75-tire-p/shinko-sr241-14x2.75-tire.htm

my buddy ran that tire and it worked great

thanks!

Richard Baumgarten /

Hey Guy old post but ties in to my build. I'm not on here often so easy on the newb! I've got a 82 nc50 with 70ccDR kit and peoples sidebleed pipe. I got a ngk bp7hs plug for her as well. After reading some forums and talking to Dana at Treatland I Bought a new Mikuni 18VM, my previous Mikuni was 4 years old and needed a serious cleaning and rebuild. I got 100 main hex jets and Dana recommended 20 idle jet but I did get idle tuning kit wit jets from 12 to 28. I have gotten motor to run two short times on stock intake and aftermarket stock size carb. After installing Mikuni with new jets I cant get her to fire. I haven't much experience with jets swaps and idle adjustments afterwards. I'm just looking for some insight on where to set idle and fuel adjustments and if I should switch to other jets. This is a good running (fire first time) express so if I could dial her in she would run well. I live in the southeast Atlanta GA if that has anything to do with idle and jet settings. Thanks for any input! much appreciated

Rich-B

Richard Baumgarten /

Got her going and learned something as well!. The slide connected to the throttle cable wasn't all the way down of course I'm running an aftermarket Carb on stock cable so I needed to add some hollow metal tubing to compensate the difference. I had too long of a piece which wasn't allowing slide to go all the way down basically stuck with throttle half open. I took the air filter off to see the slide itself and was able to physically see the right length was on when slide depressed all the way down. Before it was a guessing game never thought to physically check the slide. Might be common sense to some some learn as you go.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account