Review: Samurai G3 Pipe for Peugeot

John M. /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hey all, 1977 Mopeds has been selling a couple "Samurai" exhaust pipes for Peugeot 103 and TSM for a while now, a G2 and G3 version. For whatever reason, they do not have a Motobecane version available. As you can tell, though, these are some kind of knockoffs of the actual Ninja G2 and G3 pipes, but at a discount price. I was in the market for a Ninja G3 ($150-$163), but decided to give the cheaper Samurai a shot ($125).

I couldn't find any reviews, so I decided to make my own here, since some of you might be considering this pipe. I have no affiliation with 1977 Mopeds or the manufacturer of this pipe.

As far as performance and fitment, everything is basically the same as the Ninja G3. The quality is a bit lower (particularly the baffle--see video), but not bad really. Overall it seems like a good value

You can see I've kept the pedals and the center stand with this pipe on my TSM. The pedals clear completely. The stand touches the chamber when it's lowered, but just tilts the pipe outward on the ballpoint, which doesn't bother me. The stand does not touch the pipe at all when raised (it looks closer in the video than it really is). Again, fitment issues should be identical to the Ninja G3.

Link to the pipe on 1977 Mopeds here

Below is my full video review (ignore the 4-stroking--ha!)

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account