Wow, just...wow

MopeHeads Ethan /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I honestly can't believe what a HUGE difference it makes to lighten your clutch, previous set up..

E50

TCCD 70cc kit

K-star high comp head

transfers opened

exhaust port opened and raised 1mm

case matched pretty deep and polished

ports chamfered

Proma GP pipe derestricted (loud as fuck)

Dellorto SHA 16

15mm side shooter intake opened to 16mm

intake port ramped and matched to intake

Hi flow filter

stock two shoe clutch

stock points

stock crank

17-45 gears.

WELL...

i have decent top speed but needed some get up, so I tried my hand at clutch tuning...

Each shoe was 96 grams, I lightened them each to 70grams, filed the cuts smooth, and reinstalled, I'm using stock two shoe springs 2 full turns in from flush. Before, getting off the line was so slow I didn't even enjoy riding, after the mods I took it for a quick spin, the second I touched the throttle, it revved up higher than heaven, no tach so if I HAD to guess, probably 5500+ rpm before it engages. Though that is insanely beautiful, It revs up to high cause I hit a corner that goes to a steep incline, after slowing down then hitting the hill it slipped the whole way up, and there is NO WAY I could ride it in stop and go city riding, so I backed the screws off half a turn but didn't get a chance to test it out again. Anyway, I didn't believe all the hype about how much bottom end you could gain by lightening, but i believe now, and I'm sticking to it. Here are some pics, I guess you could think of this as kind of a tutorial.

Before

AFTER

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account