Re: More info on Pietcard cdi boxes, 2013 vs 2041

i also was graciously donated a fried 2013 box by ed.

does anyone have a fried 2041 box i can cut up to compare/contrast?

hopefully once i figure out what components are doing the phase shifting, i can make some boxes that will have better curves.

Graham you are a fuckin maniac.

DAM' Fairchild /

2013 retards with a ducati cdi.seems pretty snappy too.

Post up video on youtube and please label it as I did mine. It will help others.

DAM' Fairchild /

yep, not retarding anymore, but bike is running fine. ed, i would love to post the info but i dont have anything to record it with or even know how to post it up.i will ask a buddy for help.

Dan Webber Kastner /

I have run the yellow coil with box 2013 on my V1's since around 2006 or so. They work really really well. I always thought of them as a points replacement, and not so much a race CDI. Just super convenient.

I have seen a noticeable failure rate that I could never quite figure out caused. I had theories that checking for spark with the plug not touching the cylinder might have done it. It has always been the box that failed, and once I put on a new one, away it went.

It is cool that people are really digging into Pietcard.

Dan

GET REALIZED! BE HERE NOW! /

Anyone use the 2041 with a treats cdi on a za/Tomos? I'm trying to figure out if it would work with the clockwise rotation as well as where to time it?

I dont believe the whole plug out of the cylinder thing. If the plug is out and resting on the cylinder it is grounding out in the same way. That being said thats how I still check my spark, for almost three years on a yellow and two on a green :)

that's how I check mine too, pure myth people.

I know one of the slow goers has used the 2013 and 2041 on a treats cdi on his tomos. maybe he'll see this and chime in.

My box doesn't have a number. Does anyone know what box came with the green coil when they were being sold few years back? I got mine from a member, and don't know where he got it.

cdi.jpg

that's probably the 2013 or 2041, I know some of the other ones have different colored wires

The thing with frying boxes is spinning your flywheel when the plug isn't touching the cylinder at all, like by accident or something. I don't know if that actually does it though.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

Its anytime you try to fire the CDI with an open in the circuit

Plug not touching metal also poor grounds on your bike

Hello. Can you guys enlighten a rookie?

Ryan says pietcard 2013 on treads’ cdi?

isn’t a pietcard a cdi- why lots of times i read as these to are separate entities? (does compete system consists: pick up at magneto, cdi box and coil?)

The question is that I have 49cc A35, which I am in progress of porting and carb mods. My cdi is burned so i am looking for new system, and read that pietcard has good reviews. But searching for exact part at treads i see lots of options and I am quiet confused.

I was also looking into genetic Chinese (blue cdi and coil) but what I read that those have similar limitations compared to stock tomos

kellys right,the only reason a failure would happen when checking for spark would be if you continued to turn the motor over and the plug would lose contact with the engine, or you were resting on a coated/painted surface and wasn't conducting ground. therefore the circuit opens and voltage goes to the next easiest place...most likely the cdi box or the hi tension coil. then you have deep fried pietcard for dinner. same goes for people who use the plug wire like a kill switch. it may work for a number of times but one of those days you're gonna burn up a coil

not a Baron Asshole /

I am that slowgoer!!

Yes i could NOT get the 2013 to retard either, no running the 2014 but i COULD NOT get the pietcard 3055 to work with an e50 flywheel either?! It sparked just not in a way that made sense, i would turn the stator to match tdc to spark, then it wouldn't spark there.(was designed for a hero) I am running with the e50 treats/inda CDI(flywheel and pickup) and a nice $15 treats coil. Total price is about $110 for a CDI that advances, then retards and has NO limiter! the best thing below getting an HPI. 1/3 the price. Also i am running a resistor plug.

PM me for any questions or concerns

Pleas

^^Tell us about it

Ok, I switched out to the pietcard 01 purple coil w/2013 using a cev magneto/flywheel. I did this for pat norris so he can see the ignition curve.

It looks like (didn't measure) a good 3-4mm retarding the correct direction we need to throw the heat into the pipe. I have the stator plate turn as far as you can turn it. You install the purple coil after you mounted and tighted the screws on the stator plate. That is the way I did it. The engine is running the athena/euroclindro 47mm kit.

(edited)

Picture 006 (Medium).jpg
Picture 007 (Medium).jpg

That looks good Ed! Great work!

thanks austin,

Batterys run dead.. a second video I did. I am not to good with the camera on video but it does show the magic happening.

(edited)

That video is set as private. Bummer.

Sorry, I just uploaded it and forgot to set the settings. Try it now.

Interesting on the purple coil ed. I double checked my yellow/cev/2013 and I get a retardation for sure by at least a few degrees.

pete, what box are you using with that setup, specifically? there are like 5 or 6 different generic boxes on treats. i was under the impression none of them retarded or advanced.

I ran the 3055 and this box 77 and treats has it on a tomos uising a e50 magneto.

https://www.treatland.tv/puch-cdi-high-rpm-box-p/puch-cdi-box.htm

I never had a problem. Pete did you flip the coil like since e50's spins the oppsite direction then a za50 (hero puch).

Here is the link from trickmetic.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?7,2081237,2081237#msg-2081237

I am sure the master ignitor combo cdi box works on many of the pietcard coils. Just have to play with them. I drop my mi box and it was dead :(

I also have the 3055 w/ 2013 installed on my pug engine right now. Just not enough time sometime to do everything. Crazy ignition systems! Pretty mean throttle response. Purr like a kitty. (edited)

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

just thinking about getting into these

I have a minarelli v1 with the bosch magneto and internal coil. It's looking like I'm going to want the 2041 box, but I'm utterly confused on which coil I should get for my setup. Anybody want to chime in?

Graham Motzing Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> i also was graciously donated a fried 2013 box by

> ed.

>

> does anyone have a fried 2041 box i can cut up to

> compare/contrast?

>

> hopefully once i figure out what components are

> doing the phase shifting, i can make some boxes

> that will have better curves.

> http://www.curves.in/images/Curves_logo.gif

Any find anything out whats inside 2013 cdi box, graham? (edited)

bump

research.

VIDEO:

home-built boxes in progress/testing/R&D (edited)

156290_4677578550817_1257777263_n.jpg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account