Express done me proud today

My 1980 NC50, nicknamed Lela, did right by me today. I was able to push her to somewhere between 40-45mph. I pushed the needle to where the numbers on the Odo start. Running a DR 70cc kit, Proma exhaust, Mikumi VM20 carb with a 180 jet. That'll be it for now though. I am waiting on my Trailtech temp gauge to come in to see what kind of temps I am getting.

Re: Express done me proud today

Nice!

- Summerai - Corey Livieri /

Yeah. Get that temp gauge on there. I had my express kitted and beefed up and seized it (because I was a noob at the time). Those babies seize hard, so be careful. Sounds like a fun setup!

Gruff "(OFMC)" - /

nice to hear

Steven Grant /

Got my temp gaugue today and took it out for a spin. Got it up to 424deg on one sprint. It seems to go in the mid-upper 300's at the 20-30mph range. Any suggestions?

move needle up by moving clip down 1 notch at a time. if this doesnt help it you should upjet. hows the plug look?

Steven Grant /

Thanks, I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Plug looks good. Coffee brown.

James Perrine /

I have an 82 urban express , any suggestions on how to beef it up. I would like to keep up with traffic. Dont need a rocket , just want to go a little faster than 30.

my 82 urban express engine pulls me to 50 mph+. use the search function on this site or view my posts under my profile.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account