Re: SSR Lazer 5 moped upgrades

Mitchel Yancey /

I started this thread to get advice on upgrading my SSR Lazer 5 moped, but it somehow became an advertising extravaganza for "Responsible Jon". And, yes, this is pretty funny.

I found the original thread where this shit comes from. It's even funnier there... https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,930543

required reading would be the 2stroke vs 4stroke thread with the 500 dollar prize.

Mitchel Yancey /

can anyone here tell me if a 2011 tomos top tank cafe racer style moped is worth $1,700. Either going to sell mine to buy that one, or upgrade mine if I can find someone to help me since I don't exactly know what I'm doing

Now we're cooking with gas!!

Link me to the thread.

Found it, basically have been shitting my pants for the past hour... https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,932168

BryAn eurism /

Mitchel that's the Streetmate R that's 17 bills, not a top tank at all, it's a plastic compartment. A Tomos LX from Myron's or Choke has a real top tank that holds 1.5 gallons and has autolube and can be had with replacement vintage headlight and sprocket change to get it up to 37, for 1550. My Yamaha has no top tank, no pedals, no autolube and goes 42, passes cars and smokes all 49cc 4 stroke scooters. That one's 700

Mitchel Yancey /

Yea, I know the Tomos LX. Myron told me it'd cost that much to get it to 40mph. But, that's not the one I'm talking about. There is one in his shop when you walk in just off to the left. It has an older cafe racer style look to it. It looks awesome and I love that old vintage top tank look.

What kind of bike do you have? Any Pics or anything I can look up online? It sounds like a fast ride. I just want something faster really that looks good. Tired of going so slow off the line and maxing out at 30mph.

I'll sell you my 62mph magnum for $1,700

Mitchel Yancey /

I don't have all the money right now, plus I still need to sell mine.

The beginnings of this thread need to be archived for future generations to enjoy.

fallout Survivor /

I though the SSR Lazer 5 was a piece of shit, low quality chinese clone four stroke made out of pot metal, guaranteed to break down at 2 hrs of operation and only sold by crooked lying dealers. Or did I miss something?

Mitchel Yancey /

You're right...and as an owner of one I can vouch for that. I've had nothing but problems with this moped since I bought it. It works decently now to get around, but super slow off the line. I'm lucky cars don't hit me to push me out of the way.

Here's a top tank in your area... https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?2,2836322

BryAn eurism /

For those who missed the BS forum

So sweet. Feels like you're going 100. Don't really want it to go but I need to streamline my stable

Mitchel Yancey /

Yea, I emailed that guy already. He's asking $1,200 obo...I like it, but need a few hundred more to work with him on the price. That bike is a puch magnum right? And, my only other worry is getting a moped I know nothing about, and it breaks on me.

Sprockets, big bore kits, Performamce CDI...just to name a few.

Probably Fred /

James Sursely Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ride off a cliff, throw off a bridge, fling from a catapult

> to name a few.

155cc 4 speed motor. Good for 80+mph. My buddy just put this together. And before anyone says it, I know, notamoped.

Best photos I have at the moment.. (edited)

IMAG0309.jpg
IMAG0311.jpg

get dat lifan 125.... 11hp outta tha box

Pretty sure he got this motor with an oil cooler and 28mm Mikuni. It's a quick little motorcycle.

Pretty sure he got this motor with an oil cooler and 28mm Mikuni. It's a quick little motorcycle.

http://tboltusa.com/store/pitster-pro-155-engine-brfits-pit-bikes-and-other-minis-p-522.html

treats has the pietcard 4t 5 pin cdi box with a 10 degree ignition curve advancement. I run one of them on my son 110cc quad cleaned up the rpms at WOT and revs so much smoother!

been out since 12/05/09 when our 2009 arrived lazer sport 5 in usa now 2010 upgraded in looks only (same) ped looks only so if you see an 09 model it will have blacked out wheels from us in california 2010 has polished lip on alloy wheels thats it but if check prices very low compared to any other new moped parts out therebeen out since 12/05/09 when our 2009 arrived lazer sport 5 in usa now 2010 upgraded in looks only (same) ped looks only so if you see an 09 model it will have blacked out wheels from us in california 2010 has polished lip on alloy wheels thats it but if check prices very low compared to any other new moped parts out there no one has new since mopeds been here since 70s all are old stock lazer mopeds are newest pedal moped in usa but i promise they are here to stay jerry

This thread is crazy. Did someone hack the army user's cuz that would never have been Phillip responding in that first post. He would never have owned a lazer. Was he just trolling? I get the rest of the repeated posts were folks being good MA trolls. But the first seems off. Such an old post anyway. Good job Toledo for bringing it back.

No punctuation . ;(

Huh. Throw a takegawa desmo motor in there and let her eat!

Probably Fred /

> Jay Rivett Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> This thread is crazy. Did someone hack the army user's cuz that would

> never have been Phillip responding in that first post. He would never

> have owned a lazer. Was he just trolling? I get the rest of the

> repeated posts were folks being good MA trolls. But the first seems off.

> Such an old post anyway. Good job Toledo for bringing it back.

He was quoting “”

been out since 12/05/09 when our 2009 arrived lazer sport 5 in usa now 2010 upgraded in looks only (same) ped looks only so if you see an 09 model it will have blacked out wheels from us in california 2010 has polished lip on alloy wheels thats it but if check prices very low compared to any other new moped parts out therebeen out since 12/05/09 when our 2009 arrived lazer sport 5 in usa now 2010 upgraded in looks only (same) ped looks only so if you see an 09 model it will have blacked out wheels from us in california 2010 has polished lip on alloy wheels thats it but if check prices very low compared to any other new moped parts out there no one has new since mopeds been here since 70s all are old stock lazer mopeds are newest pedal moped in usa but i promise they are here to stay jerry

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account