Re: flat reed motor mounts

Spencer Jacobson /

wheres that rigid swinger i saw a picture of?

† CH∆D † /

Flatreed rigid swinger?

Spencer Jacobson /

sounds dreamy huh?

† CH∆D † /

Think this is how my mount will be built. The rectangle bar is 50mmx25mm. Should be nice & strong.

Photo 382.jpg

Spencer Jacobson /

what wall thickness? sounds plenty beefy. any thoughts on a rear stabilizer piece?

Ϫ‡☄ಬ∞ ƀƖḬƝƊ ƤǂƿƎ ∞ಬ☄‡Ϫ - Hoke from Black Pipes Moped Gang /

this thread is the beees kneeees

any body doing this lately? i'm thinking about it real hard...

My colerbi is 4 sail timo

Spencer Jacobson /

Never boxed her in or made a rear stabilizer but this little girl has been holding strong for 2 and 1/2 years now.

kinda want to do it like that white magnum frame...

I'm still working on finishing one, will post pics later today

† CH∆D † /

I ended up starting with Peugeot motor mount & reconfigured for the startV. Didn't take muxh

I'm planning to do this w a Sachs G3 this summer and would like to include a rear support w the Derbi swingarm.. (edited)

i'm gonna make a really sick flat reed maxi when i get a derbi swing arm. stock paint. sidecovers and shit.

† CH∆D † /

Def smart with the rear support. Mine doesn't have it but I kindalike the wormy feel. Front mount I hella built though. Chris Toths is real nice.

† CH∆D † /

Maxi? I just hate fiddling with a carb up inside a variant frame. That was the main reason for ditching & going tube type

I mimicked the variant stabilizer with a piece made from steel. Its stronger than stock and still removable. custom intake is a must, everybody is correct when they say there is no room for the carb.

(edited)

photo (9).JPG
sprocket.jpg

I'm planning to replace the down tubes, spaced apart for easy carb access.. (edited)

image.jpg

† CH∆D † /

Hard tail that G3 or bust!

Dude I was looking at my friends g3 trying to figure out how to put a derbi motor on there! I was thinking, maybe just switch the two down bars? Like left right?

i'm mounting the motor to the frame and using the puch swingarm. i know it's kinda donk but whatever. i bet i can make enough room for a sha in there. i'll make a side intake when i get the big boy carb.

waiting till i finish my shed. hopefully pretty soon. i'll re-revive this thread with some pics then.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account