2 KINDS OF PERFORMANCE

Zazu Pits /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Been on here for so many years, I've lost count. Without going into a long story, on how I discovered Mopeds & how I got my first one (free), I've noticed that most people think performance is measured by how much power they have. And as a motorcyclist for over 45 years, I will attest to liking power. However there is another 'forgotten' performance, which I think would be a good challenge, especially since we're headed for a crisis with the ever eroding economy: mileage performance. Just because mileage could be at the top of the list, doesn't mean that it has to be at the sacrifice of power. (well maybe to some extent) I do remember, quite well, that my first Puch got 140 mpg & went down to 110 when I put on a pipe, mild porting & re-jetted. I needed the extra power to get up the hills around here, and many times I'm hauling a trailer to boot. It wasn't a big sacrifice.

First, I'm wondering if there are others who feel economy is important and what kinds of things you have done to find a happy balance between power & economy? I've always been a believer that the 'stack up' of all the little things to aid performance offers the best over all solution to performance. Also I haven't even gotten into the aerodynamic issue. Check out the thread, where a guy's getting 235 MPG on a euro 125cc motorbike.

http://www.velomobiel.nl/allert/Recumbent%20motorbike.htm

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account