How Do I make my KINETIC TFR FASTER???

Hey, i just got a red Kinetic tfr/usa moped, Love it! I can hit 25mph pretty solid....But is there any parts I could get to improve performance....acceleration and top speed???? I really appreciate any advice, or Links to website where i could buy parts...

Re: How Do I make my KINETIC TFR FASTER???

Luke “Funkenet” Hosfield /

Step 1: get a Tomos.

Done!

And seriously do you think your the first person on this site to ask the, "How do I make my Moped Faster?" question? Look in the wiki and do some searches before you ask. Them are the rules on the moped forum, don't get mad at me about 'em!

get a dr kit from treats. and variators. vespa stuff fits fine.

Yeah I just got a red Kinetic to.

Love that thing.

There is tons of info on this sight about how people have made them pretty fast.

Really about the fastest you are going to want to get going on a kinetic would be like 40-45 and thats not hard to do.

Nice, seems like the carb is a bit hard to work on....like there is frame on both sides.....Any thoughts on how you are going to upgrade yours?

The carb's not hard, it just drops out the bottom of the frame. As far as I know most of the stuff for non-variated Ciaos will work on a Kinetic. I would think a kit, a pipe, and a carb would take you far.

Russell Cullen /

ignoring the kinetic haters is difficult but necessary.

i rode mine stock for the past year and am just now starting to make modifications.

just added:

http://www.treatland.tv/vespa-proma-circuit-p/vespa-proma-circuit.htm

and

http://www.treatland.tv/malossi-dellorto-SHA-13-13-carburetor-kit-p/malossi-sha-13mm-kit-1610866.htm

having some low end issues, but made my mid and high speeds really nice without messing with the engine!

there are some helpful folks on here. good luck and have fun!

Thank! geeze you guys are awesome, i cant wait to trick this TFR out!

How much speed did adding the exaust and new carb add to your kinetic?

Click on WIKI at the top, then click on Performance Tuning and start reading, that and the Vespa/Kinetic section.

GL

~M

A circuit exhaust and carb can get you near 40 on flats. Kinetic cases have a 12mm inlet and a nice long intake port window so they respond really well to a carb upgrade. I also found opening up the exhaust outlet on the stock cylinder helped, mine was cast way off-center with almost a quarter inch of meat on one side.

You can make the stock carb bigger for free. Lighten those clutch shoes a bit and/or get some stiffer clutch springs so it doesn't grab until the power starts coming on. Detailed info on all that is in the wiki. (edited)

And If I was kit shopping these days (for stock cases) I'd probably go with the pinasco 65, if not the malossi 65.

pinasco 65 is $$$. if it were me i'd get a DR kit or Olympia. Both solid and quite a bit cheaper. side note, i'm sure the pinasco is very nice and all but i'd start out a little more basic for your first kit so that you don't wreck a $225 setup...

Why am I not able to find anything called a "DR kit"? what is that?

Damn it is expensive, I did not even really look at the price. I'd go malossi then, maybe olympia, maybe the smaller DR if it was available, just because I don't like how the D shaped ports on the big one match.

So many choices these days!

https://www.treatland.tv/SearchResults.asp?searching=Y&sort=2&search=vespa+kit&show=50&page=1

Whoa, wait, what? I've never seen the 41mm DR before! Has that been available long? I wonder what kind of performance it gives.

First time I've seen it too, looks pretty mild, but probably pretty bullet-proof and room for porting too.

If you are serious about bolt on performance, get one of these guys:

Apparently there's a 38mm DR version out there too, but I don't think it's available in the states. Unless this is that one and they consider it 50cc? I guess that would make sense..

"I also found opening up the exhaust outlet on the stock cylinder helped, mine was cast way off-center with almost a quarter inch of meat on one side."

I have been looking forever and i cant figure out how to do this! please help!

There is a 38mm Dr too.

make this

more like this

GL!

~M

Also this

and this

(edited)

Tate The Great Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Yeah I just got a red Kinetic to.

>

> Love that thing.

>

> There is tons of info on this sight about how

> people have made them pretty fast.

>

> Really about the fastest you are going to want to

> get going on a kinetic would be like 40-45 and

> thats not hard to do.

Well, being a fairly large bike, one of the biggest, with the biggest brakes of most of them, I'd say it would be safe to go as fast as the engine will go. I'm waiting for anothe 100cc kit, then going vespa twin variator.

How do i know where to make the cuts on my cylinder and head? also, practically how much should i be drilling out of the exhaust?

Cuts? Drill? Cylinder and head? No no, hand-files and maybe a dremel. I thought the pics were pretty self-explanatory, but if you have to ask you're not ready to do it. Do some more reasearch until You learn how it works first mang.

To start with just trumpet the very outlet/flange of the exhaust port, if you port too much to one side deeper in you can blow through to the cylinder stud hole.

To mark the piston, You have to put it in the bore aligned the way it would be when running, then you file out the marked parts to match the cutouts in the cylinder skirt.

Finally, lap the head and cylinder mating surfaces and ditch the head gasket.

Not huge gains to be had there, but it all adds up.

GL

~M (edited)

You are awesome. Thank you so much! one question, what does lap the head and cylinder mating surfaces mean?

sand 'em down.

But do it on some glass or some granite. You want to make it as flat as possible. I'm sure that's in the wiki as well

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

Eric Morris Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You are awesome. Thank you so much! one question,

> what does lap the head and cylinder mating

> surfaces mean?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account