Re: Phbg tuning issues...

Probably Fred /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Your main jet seems lean. Your idle jet seems rich but what atomizer # you running ( 262, 264 ect,). Unless you got a air leak now try about #40-35 idle and then you can up jet the main a size or too. As a rule I never run a carb with much less of a main jet then it comes with new. ( 15 mm bing- 82 main, 19mm phbg comes with a #85 main jet, 21 phbg comes with a 92 main, mikuni 24 flat slide comes with a 135 main to name a few.) ( If they come with different jets they may have 4 stroke atomizers or be clones ) In fact most kits pipes I run take larger main jet then come with the carbs.

I'll port, mod air filters, change slides, change pilot-idle, change pipes ect. But not lean the main. The new carbs come with preset main jets for a reason. A kitted bike with a performance pipe needs to be horrible rich down low sometimes so it won't run lean at wide full throttle on the pipe. Most kits/pipes like to be lean on the bottom and rich on top. Makes you wish for electronic fuel injection on mopeds

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account