Batavus M56 help??

Kendall Warnock /

I am having an issue with the magneto rubbing on stator when I tighten it up, I did have to fabricate a new key, but I am having trouble understanding why it is hitting? Anyone have any ideas for me? A friend of mine re-built the engine and the stator/point assembly was off because I had to find a key for it........ Scratching my head and frustrated. ANY M56 guru's out there that can help????? thanks

Re: Batavus M56 help??

Most coils can be adjusted to be closer or further to the magnets

is it hitting all the way around or just in one spot?

Kendall Warnock /

it is hitting in just one spot, I could file it but I really dont want to. Engine has been rebuilt and the flywheel key was sheered. What do you think Zac?

it's either on crooked or is bent. did the flywheel come off when the key sheared?

Kendall Warnock /

well bro I had it rebuilt by a guy in KC, when he took it apart he noticed the key sheered, he went ahead and rebuilt it and sent it back to me with the stator and flywheel off because he did not have a key for it. So I filed one down this morning and got it the right size, it doesnt hit by much, just a little bit on the very back. You think I could file it alittle? Man these things are a pain.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account