V1 custom HELP?

Kendall Warnock /

Ive got a V1 and put a 80 cc polini kit, vm20 carb with a custom intake, and new exhaust on it, I was driving it tonight it was running fine and fast till it died on me and when it did it made some what of a "tinging" noise??????? Now it cranks and almost wants to start, but no go.... very frustrating, noise was almost like a cover hitting the flywheel, but that is not the case. Any one have any ideas????? thanks

Re: V1 custom HELP?

Broken ring.

Kendall Warnock /

Mike,

Any idea why it would be broke already? It hasnt been running for more then 30 mins total. Not sure if I installed it wrong or didnt break it in right??? stinks

How many miles were on the piston, and what throttle position were you in when the ring broke?

Kendall Warnock /

Morgan, I havnt had the kit and piston on it well probably dont have 5 miles on it. It was probably half throttle, everyone seems to think its a broken ring.... I guess I do not understand why it would break so soon???

Darrell Gabbard /

did you only kit it and not bother to inspect the bottom end before kitting?

did a screw come loose under the flywheel and it broke a wire?

start tearing it apart and rebuild it completely.

Kendall Warnock /

I did not check the bottom end, but that is a good idea and I will start the tear down process today, thanks Darrell

Kendall Warnock /

OK guys, here is a picture of my piston or whats left of it, can anyone give me feedback on why it did this??? I can tell you I switched the main jet from a 180 to 145 in the vm20 mukini carb because a moped friend of mine told me too......... any opinions I would appreciate. thanks

9.jpg

looks like you had a head gasket leak, If you were even running one....

Kendall Warnock /

dave I was, would you recommend getting machine work done? I certainly cant afford another one of these?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account