So I was looking at whatever spare pipes I had laying around to see how what they might or might not work/look on my current build.
I have this Vespa pipe that never has gotten any use but its a kickass pipe so I decided to brain storm on it.
This is what i came up with.
All I did was cut off the stock PA50 II header right at the start of the first bend, jimmied the Vespa Simonini pipe open a hair, and pounded the Hobbit header into the Simo header.
Its a nice tight fit.
Now that I know everything lines up almost perfectly (the back bracket is going to be a slight prob) I am going to weld them together. They overlap for about an inch so getting a good weld all the way around shouldn't bee hard at all.
On the down side it is the stock header inner diameter, but when you consider the fact that the promas inner diameter is actually a tiny bit smaller than the stock pipe, that becomes less of a drag.
Plus the fact that the stock Hobbit pipe is about the most worthless despised part in all of mopedom means you will never regret having cut yours up.
Also it looks like it will easily clear the pedals and that if I relocate the coil (I was going to anyway) and cut a hole in my side cover I should be able to use the stock mounting bracket, clear the pedals, and avoid the center.
So its a pretty righteous turn of luck considering I was having trouble mounting up the first pipe I wanted to use because tghe DR kit is slightly different from the stock cylinder as far as pipe mounting.