Re: Bing Slide Mod #24 Question

I was wondering about that as well.

--> Jason Kluczyk Presents: Jason Kluczyk /

here's my modded slide, haven't tried it yet... but I thought at first it was the angled part that had to be edged...it took me a while to realize I had to reshape the top of it.

slide12.JPG

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

@ Jason

That big slot on the slide is for the choke tang, it turns the choke off as the slide goes up to WOT.

Your pic is a bit fuzz.

But that's what you want to do is open the circle by cutting point out making it more like a haft circle.

This will let more air bypass the atomizer at idle, so this mod leans out your air fuel mix at idle.

same slide pics

So after plug chopping & selecting your jet, needle & setting.

Or you did porting or a kit and the back charging making you a pinch rich at idle or ti's got a funky low RPM bog.

This is how i fix it,

Timing before jetting.

C.W.

@ funk

What happens to you when you can't find waldo.

--> Jason Kluczyk Presents: Jason Kluczyk /

facepalm myself...i wasn't thinking of the slide in terms of where it sits in the carb...choke tang!

Can that canal on the top that leads up to the half circle also be opened up wider to lean it out even more?

If you want to smear going down big hill, go for it.

Matt Mahloch -- MBM Customs /

I changed the ramp angle a bit on mine as well, no harm done.

Its a great little mod. I love my 14 bing, great, great carb. Perfect air/fuel mix from idle to wot.

haha, I always knew Waldo is a BITCH.

You got any advise on that venturi mod you did? (edited)

did this mod, as said earlier, big help in the low to mid-range (3-5k) helps get into the pipe nice and smooth. I need to get my timing right so the heat is going into the pipe then i can start the fun that is jetting! wooohoo!

Thanks cw, for linking me to this thread. Works great! love the mod. Better low end/mid range is more crisp as you crack the throttle.

charles griffin /

Is this mod for stock or kitted set ups...thanks

It's a mod to lean out the air/gas mix at idle to 3/16 throttle.

So stock, stock/ported or kitted, kitted/ported, if rich at idle this will lean the mix out some.

charles griffin /

Thank you sir....

charles griffin /

Would like to know more about the venture mod as well thanks...

Venture or venturi?

charles griffin /

It worked....thanks for the info guys..

Here is a picture the rings around the needle. I wouldn't know unless wayne told me. Thanks again wayne!

ed (edited)

Picture 020 (Medium).jpg

Charlie Mccharles /

those needles seem to be the same length.. is the two ring one thinner than the other?

the 1 ring one is fatter in the middle. one comes on 12 and one comes on 14-15mm. different atomizers too, i think. they make a big difference.

Yes they make a big difference.

The two ring gets thinner/richer faster giving a richer mix 5/16 to 3/4 throttle.

It works best to feed thirsty pipes/porting.

The one ring's med-range gets super lean when the pipe starts flowing/hitting giving you crazy death rattle and ping from hell.

And this will over heat/seize your kit, if your lucky it will just burn a vent in the top of your piston to cool things down.

I like using the #24 slide with mod's, 2.17 or the richer 2.19 Atomizer, two ring needle, on 14mm & 15mm bing carbs.

On bikes with kit's and or porting with good pipes.

45mph last night wayne.. really woke up the bike. 50cc blaster!

Ya that 50cc K-Star will rock a good Bing set up.

If you port it some, EZ 50-50 bike.

Crazy Wayne you are amazing! I did the slide mod using the pics you provided and my rich bog on the low end is gone! Much snappier happy throttle response off idle on my kitted Puch. Thank you!

Now I need to read up on the slide mod and the venturi mod. can someone point me in the right direction? I did a search but I dont where to read on it other then a few million posts.

OK the slide mod is simple but I still dont see the venturi mod,

Please correct me if I'm wrong but the venturi mod is cleaning up the small step that's inside the carb just before the slide? I could use a pointer on this like what is used to do this.

Come on don't leave me hanging. part 42a

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account