Re: QT50 gearing/upgrades

BryAn eurism /

As long as I can hook a good tail draft from a big cage blowing by, 37 on flats is ok for me. It's the dead stops at the bottom of the hill make me FML. And really, as much as people knock Biturbo they outstrip almost any other option anyone's brought to the table thus far. But why ride when you can flame right boys?

and why can't i do both?

though hastily slapped together for the video it'll be stripped back down after I shut these idiots up.

hugs and kisses

Hoosier Dude (Moving Targets) /

hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahhaahaha- look at that thing!

is that a mountian dew gas tank? my god.......

this thread should have ended 20 posts ago

hope you got some helpful advice Darren

yes, god, just please make your video so you can claim the fastest qt and shut us all up. puhleeeeeze. i have a funny feeling that still won't solve your insecure doucheness.

wow how did I know that'd you two would talk shit?

yeah it should of ended with you copping to being full of shit. And noke I've never seen your handle before and I wonder if you recently changed it just to avoid ridicule from me because you are some idiot that's spouted bs to me before and got put down. I got a funny feeling about that....

I'm after your grand. I got family back east and you might pay for my trip.

ps: you two are bitches that'l get treated as such until you quit lying.

ummm, where did i lie? by calling you a douche? sorry, but that's a fact that's been proven over and over.

i don't doubt you can make your bike go 50. that's the point, actually. i _want_ you to gps it. i could care less if you are King of the QT's. all hail! hahahahahahaha

ha

I think it ends when you crash doing 35 or 40, the mountain dew gas tank breaks and sprays gas all over, sparks fly, setting you on fire

or maybe you make it to 50 on that death trap, at which point your shoddy welds and crappy craftsmanship finally pay off big time, by sending you to the pavement and into a coma.

yep, you wont be the first person I've seen hurt by their own stupidity

you two sound jealous

BryAn eurism /

Jealousy is when you had something, lost it and want it back. Envy is when you never had it, want it and someone else to not have it. There I said it. Anyway it's not in my best interests to have the world's fastest anything if it means unpleasant to ride.

Gear swap, lift barrel, chamber. _Practically_ free and easy speed. If you meta-think it might as well get the lifted F250 with the Monster logo on the hood

This is my schwinn bicycle speedo. I calculated 1475mm (if I remember correctly, I have it written down) for my OD of my tires at the correct psi. This shows 52.3 Max Speed that i

1297951531_img_20110216_171751.jpg

BryAn eurism /

@^ what's your build anyway? I'm planning on going to a FA50 slug just for a little more low end

Sorry to hijack this thread Darren.

My build thread is here : https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/7/220293/220293/

-Nick

Darren,

I've completed the mod and it's pretty straight forward. Your going to need to make at least one special tool though and it's pretty easy to do. I've got some basic information and some other stuff you might be interested to know on a facebook page here....

http://www.facebook.com/pages/QT50-MJ50-performance-parts-and-modifications/128614310535901

Read the info section and if you want more info.... check ebay if you want the speed kit.

Just e-mail me at the address on the facebook page and I'll help you as much as I can without all the fluff. I tried to contact you directly but you don't have an e-mail setup in your profile?

Not looking to get into an argument with anyone... Yes, you know who you are! Summer is comming and yes I'm going to have a detailed video soon of what the kit is capable of doing.

As a side note there is no rev limiter on the QT50 (any year) and you can prove this to yourself if you simply lift the rear wheel off the ground and hit the throttle. The only exception to this is if you have the key in the start position... Then yes it has a rev limiter. I have a 79 and and two 85's and all of them will do 39mph (GPS'ed) on flats and much faster down a hill! Honestly I really don't see the need to go any faster on this little bike but I'm not done squeezing more out of it just yet. It's just too darn fun!!!

PS...

Hoosier I really like your sense of humor that was great! I've got a intake and carb for you on the low low if you want it! And yes I too figured out last summer there is something special about that pipe you've got... looking to get one myself! If my neigbors don't like me now there going to hate me soon!

yeah boyeee- cheers- come on down for a ride, brother, you aint too awful far

If I can't make it... which I should have time? Thunderdrome 2 aint that far either!

It's a little cold and snowy here for videos BUT-

CASE MATCHED 60CC TRI ZINGER JUG &PISTON W/STOCK QT HEAD cleaned up ports, raised exhaust port 1 piston ring width

A 2 piece bi turbo or boss pipe

Boyesen reeds for a pw 50

vm 18 mikuni, or I run the 19mm archee w hogged out intake or custom made intake with stock intake base, pipe and jb weld.

pw gear swap

This set up gets me 43 to 47 Mph gps'd on three diff. qt's I have built and I'm over 200 lbs. Best part is it is Extremely reliable, EXTREMELY!!!

1298247900_100_1069.jpg

Forgot to mention I built this bike using all second hand parts. Only clutch springs ,reeds and gaskets were new. Everything including the QT was from ebay at great deals. $425 built this bike

1298248353_100_1071.jpg

Jason,

Just curious how much louder that pipe is? I've got one thats similar and it is ungodly loud compared to stock muffler. Thanks

ryan calls bullshit.

haha, just kiddin dude-

nice job mannn, to almost double the speed of ANYTHING is a feat in itself,

imagine if you could double the speed of your car.... whoa

shaft-driven smoothness to boot...

it's one thing to do that to a puch, with all the parts and gearing and options....with that qt, there are only so many options (o.k,,short of flipping the frame upside-down and using a mtn. dew bottle for a gas tank)

I will say this: I would certainly rather ride your qt than that deathtrap looking thing ryan is calling the "single backbone racer" or whatever...

I have a feeling he will soon be calling it the "single backbone breaker"

nice mods jason brotha

Nice bike jason!

does anybody have there stock gear they would like to get rid of? I need one for my daughters pw50.

got one. I'll trade for your pw gear, but we gotta swap the shafts, which need pressed out

Where's this video of the single backbone yamahopper hitting 50?

BryAn eurism /

Musta got mixed up with the J&J motorsports smokey burnout clip.

dual 12mm carbs are not liking the weather right now..i ebelvie that the air density is not setting right with the carbs at the 87 degree angle they are sitting at, also my beleifs are that its the ratio of the rear gear after all, i used synthetic grease which has a viscosity of 1.056389374w 4.2846 which is slighty thicker therefore knocking ddown my rpms from my estimated 15,000 rpm using this formula> Wheel speed/hieght of handlebars^2 +12.4349er/ 4 so i mean right now im not doing anywhere close to 50 right now im at about 15 or 16 depending on how much bullshit i have in me that day.(do the math it fuckin works) should be ripping soon though, i just ordered a sweet new head gasket with an actual fan on it so i can guarauntee to not seize. bye yall

you're right doucherepo the carbs aren't jiving and it's a vm16 and a vm12 with room to spare on the front intake to go bigger. Right now it's got a combined area of almost a 20mm. Jetting each while opening together is being a punk so I'm going to just jump to the progressive opening setup and will hopefully have more luck. CDI double sparking issue so I'm building a new one following a schematic of a stock one but bumping all the parts up to handle 600-1000volts instead of the stock 400v. While I'm at it I'll throw in a rheostat for the adjustable advance. So yeah no worries I'm on it so rest assured.

<object width="459" height="55"> <param name="movie" value="http://ecdn0.hark.com/swfs/player.swf?1297555417"></param>; <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <param name="flashvars" value="autoplay=false&dataPath=http://www.hark.com/clips/htypdlzpsz.json"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://ecdn0.hark.com/swfs/player.swf?1297555417"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" flashvars="autoplay=false&dataPath=http://www.hark.com/clips/htypdlzpsz.json" width="459" height="55" wmode="transparent"></embed> </object> <span style="font-size: 9px; color: #ddd; display: block; width: 440px; margin-left: 5px;"> (<a href="http://www.hark.com/clips/htypdlzpsz-mother-fucker"; style="color: #aaa;">Link</a>) View more <a href="http://www.hark.com/collections/vgxlwgnfcf-andy-stitzer"; style="color: #aaa;">Andy Stitzer Sound Clips</a> and <a href="http://www.hark.com/collections/jkkbslhqpx-steve-carell"; style="color: #aaa;">Steve Carell Sound Clips</a> </span>

If anyone else would be interested in swapping me your qt50 gears for my pw50 gears EVEN UP email me.... THANKS!

I actually have 2 sets so...

J_macd01@yahoo.com

jake

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account