MLM performance pipes: dyno results!

All tests were done on my Pinto using a non-ported, case-matched Gila and head, stock reeds, 24mm Mikuni flat slide, HPI ignition, 24mm intake, pump fuel, and 16x36 gearing. I did two pulls per pipe and kept the best results.

First, the BK100: 11.2HP, 12,900RPMs, 7.7 ft-lbs of torque, and 68.1MPH

Second, the Putt-Putt: 11.7HP,13,300RPMs, 6.3 ft-lbs of torque, and 69.9MPH

Third, St-Ripper: 12.9HP, 14,500RPMs, 6.3 ft-lbs of torque, and 76.2 MPH!!!!!!!!!!

I had a few minutes left on the Dyno, so I threw the Motion Bee Lectron carb on and gave it try. The results are good, but not great due to the lack of time I had to tune this beautiful carb.

Last pull of the day, using Motion Bee carb and the St-Ripper,

12HP, 14,500RPMs, max torque of 5.9, and 77.2MPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The carb was extremely rich across the board, so we are getting new metering rods made for us. This carb has tons of potential, i just didn't have the time or tools to unlock it. We're focusing a lot of energy into getting these carbs dialed in, and will be heading back to the dyno with them after a little more testing.

Thank you to Stock Pro Performance for the Dyno time, to Emmanuel, Eric VanDippinDots, and all the moped community.

I am very pleased with the performance of the BK100 and the St-Ripper, both on the Dyno and the street, so I am happy to announce that these pipes are now production-ready and we are accepting orders for these pipes. They are available for all makes and models of peds.

Keep your eyes open for our new website, mlmopeds.com, it'll be ready soon. Until then, orders can be placed at:

Motion Left Mopeds- 574-849-1684

mlmopeds@hotmail.com

Re: MLM performance pipes: dyno results!

Do you have the power curve graphs. I would love to see at what RPMs, these are making what HP

LOVE

campeona del mundo /

77 mph on an rich carb...i think i may have to work ot to buy an mlm now

I'd also love to see those graphs.

Looking forward to the site going live. Your stuff is awesome but it's hard to know much about the pipes short of emailing or calling you.

Ahhhh Gila + your pipes are literally the only things keeping me from knowing whether to variate or e50 on my next build.

Fish tits Krauthamer /

these are impressive.

kudos devin

The readings started after 5600RPMs

Me and a couple buddies a few months back went out to Motion Left Mopeds. While we were there we got the pleasure of testing out some prototype pipes for Devin. On the way home we couldn't stop talking about how great the pipes were, and how Devin is definitely stepping up the moped game. The one pipe I really remember testing was the St-Ripper. It rocked my world. On my gila set up with stock gearing (16x45) I had GPS'd it at 61.0mph. All in all Devin is doing things right guys. Buy a MLM pipe and every time that power band hits just remember what shop just put that big grin on your face. Keep up the good work Devin.

Cooper, A am developing a package that will allow anyone to build a duel variated E-50 on a Hobbit frame. Intermediate to expert skills requires but It won't be much harder than building any other big motor. Give me a month or two to get all the parts machined and tested.

YOU ARE THE MAN

number 1 moped awesomer right here and he's super cool and nice. I called him before I got a rev-run and he answered all my questions and gave me a good deal on the pipe.

I can't wait until I have enough money and time to go all out on the build

Holy fuck

Thats pretty sweet! Probably will never see 70 since dino's do not give accurate rolling resistance nor do you deal with wind resistance. Nice HP though. time for porting.

Devin I want one of those kits!

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

mike's got a good point, but that's still fucking awesome

When is someone going to set up a wind tunnel?

Are these new pipes going to be tested with a metra 80 anytime? I would love to put a MLM pipe on my magnum but was told all these pipes are designed for the Gila

devin/ emmanuel, so awesome to hear. you guys are stepping up the moped scene like you're on an escalator!

Hopefully i'll catch you guys this weekend in louisville. I got some things i want to show ya.

what do you want to put in a wind tunnel? send me a scale model and i'll test whatever you want.

nobodys even building fairings yet... wind tunnel seems a long ways off.

The exhaust timing is pretty similar betwwen those two cylinders. The only difference is you get more induction through the Gila's reeds than what is just in the crankcase. The pipes will work similarly on the Metra but w/o the advantange that reeds provide.

Steve is right these pipes will work great on any 74cc set up.

Convince me to get one of these for my Athena Hobbit build over the N8P!

Big pipes on 50cc units work nice in the extreme too

King Drunky JCams /

God damn, I just got freakin' blown away.

Hang your hat on that rad shit for sure.

I think it is a toss-up between Moto Matic pipes and mine. With out the support and help from MM there is no way I would have gotten this far in pipe making. They make top notch pipes and everything moped.

Diplomatic as always Devin, both MLM and MM make great pipes. The results are above , if that is not convincing enough so mote it be...Again thanks Devin for cracking the doors wide fucking open

hey devin, thanks for the kind words. could you post a better picture of those dyno graphs? I can't read a single number on them.

thanks, nathan.

Motion WHAT?

Thanks Devin. Always stoked to see more advances. Dyno time ain't cheap!

Stoked to see how those carbs work.

Congratulations on the results Devin! Doin it!

Mattttttttttttttttttttttttttt /

Do you have any pictures of the prototypes?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account