PEE WEE REV. PLATE ON QT 50

Anyone try the rev plate from pee wee cycles on a qt 60 set up yet. Or how about on the 50 set up? How did it work? Heard it was .075 thick? Any thoughts?

Re: PEE WEE REV. PLATE ON QT 50

I have not. The exhaust port on the qt50 is poopy. Open that thing up for free99.

Ya been there, just thinking I might try making my own plate (also free). I could just poish the ports up, instead of the full port job. I can get the jug decked for $20.

i bet it rules.

If you can cut that plate yourself, then do it and if it sucks, take it out.

My thing is that I thought that raising the exhaust port increased top end. But the peewee site says that their rev plate raises the exhaust port and increases the low end? Am I off?

as it stands the 50cc jug has about 32cc of effective displacement. .075"=1.9mm. If you were going to deck the cylinder why not just raise the ports 2mm?

BryAn eurism /

Plate definitely wakes up the stock config, just be sure to cut an extra base gasket and to get the transfers to match closely. Made mine from a groundscore in an intersection

but wait. I thought for torquey cylinder the intake is high and the exhaust port is just a little higher where as a cylinder for high rpm's the intake should be low and the exhaust port should be really high?

BryAn eurism /

Shorter (or no) skirt on intake side= lower intake= exhaust really high. For all the calculations you make sometimes you overlook the gut level stuff!

What I'm not talking about is piston port intake timing. Yeah, if you were going to severely increase piston port timing duration it'd make sense to raise your exhaust window as both modifications would be geared to generate high rpm power. Both modification shouldn't be over simplified with a simple equal sign seeing as they are separate modifications and one doesn't equal another. Then again this engine isn't piston port but rather case inducted reed valve so this is all moot.

I'm talking about the distance from stock deck height to the top of the port windows and how generally the the distance between the tops of the intake and exhaust windows are closer together when tuning for a very broad power band and farther apart when tuning for peaky high rpm power. The point I was trying to make was that I think it's better to just raise the exhaust two millimeters than to raise all three of the intakes and the exhaust two millimeters. Maybe I'm wrong and by raising both you not only create higher rpm hp but also create a broad power band also. Someone needs to do a comparison as both methods are pretty easy to do.

Some grandmaster chime in on this.

I wish I had something to throw an exclamation point at.

i'll say this, never checked the qt50's port for this, but a lot of stock bikes are like this, a mm or 2 of the side of the piston can still be seen a bdc? if that is so, decking a little off the top and base gasketing it up a bit always makes it go faster. right? get those port windows open! all the way! BLAST! but if you wanna really see it you gotta have a proper chamber on the bike. maybe upjet, hi flow, all that.

So raising the port increases high end, right?

But I do think on stock jug, the piston can be seen at bdc. So I see the benefit of the plate.

Jason, make one and let us know.

BryAn eurism /

I wasn't mapping when I made mine, a kluge pure & simple. All I know is that Piston Crown is near flush with exhaust floor @ bottom on a good setup. The stock QT has a nice sized window, beautyful really, but the piston is already halfway up it ; wasting a lot of potential IMO. That IS your whole rev limiter people, IDK why they didn't just make the window smaller but I'm kinda glad they didn't.

But I may never convince anyone with my words. True, I made one & the bike went from being OK-to-ride (bone stock) to a stressout machine (PW gear, no engine mods) to fun-to-ride (PW gear, base plate & deck) to scary-fun (A, B,& C + Biturbo)

But to see it for yourself, do one regular, then throw on the plated rig and hear the revs climb higher than you imagined!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account