Polini Size A piston, Size B cylinder

I have a question that hopefully someone can answer. If I have a Size A Peugeot Polini cylinder, and a size B Peugeot Polini piston can I use them together? It seems to fit really well, but I'm weary of using the incorrect size. They are both brand new out of the box.

Can anyone tell me if its a good idea, and possibly shed some light on my quandary.

Re: Polini Size A piston, Size B cylinder

yes you can, i ran a A piston in a B cylinder without a hitch !! the differences are only like .000000000001 mm

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

They come in 4 sizes from the factory. A-D. It would be BEST to get a 'B' piston for the 'B' kit, even though the differences between the kits are very small. They wouldn't go to all the trouble of measuring & marking them if they didn't think it wasn't important!

i think a is the smallest and d is the largest and sometimes people use a smaller piston so that it is less likely to seize from the piston expanding, probably wouldnt be the best to go the other way though i bet it would still work....

also in your title you say size A piston with a B cylinder but in the post you say size B piston with an A cylinder.... which is it?

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

if you have an A cylinder you should probably run the A piston. Sure the tolerances are very close between an A and B, but usually you want to go the other way around; B cylinder and A piston.

If you are thinking of running it, just make sure there is absolutely no hang ups when you drop the piston through the cylinder. If there is any snags or friction, running it won't last very long.

Spencer, the title is wrong, the body is correct, A cylinder, B piston.

I'm gonna run it, thanks for your advise guys, this does clarify the A B C D Polini issue.

didnt catch the a cylinder bpiston thoguth it was the otehr way around, but it SHOULD still work.... but yes check your clearences before you blast..

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account