HELP ME WITH MY QT50 PLEASE!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

OK, I recently purchased a 1980 Yamaha QT50 off craigslist for $300. It didn't run when I got it but after messing around with it I got it to start and run for a few seconds but now all it will do is idle, it will idle fine but when I try to accelerate it tries to die on me. Also there is a tube coming out of the bottom of the carb under the air intake that leaks what smells like gas [it doesn't go anywhere that I can see]. What could be wrong with it and what do I need to do to fix it?

I have both the owners manual and the maintenance manual and I cant figure out what to do.

The scooter has an H&N air filter on the intake that came with it, new oil, and new gas. I would be glad to tell you any more info that you may need to diagnose the problem.

About me: I am brand new to mopeds but I learn quickly and love to expand my knowledge base. I love working with my hands & building things.

Please help me!

1267148261_qt50.jpg

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.