Tuning PHBG Idle on tomos - help needed

RJ (SoB) /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Alright, so last fall I fabbed myself an intake for my a35 tomos, so I could run a phbg carburetor. I initially ran a clone, but I recently upgraded to the real deal, a brand new Dellorto PHBG 19, because the clone had a useless float system.

I'm still having some difficulty fine tuning my setup. I'm trying to get the thing to idle, but I can't seem to find that sweet spot. When I turn the idle screw all the way out, the rear wheel is still moving, but it's really boggy. If I hit the rear brake at the lowest idle I can get, it dies on me. I don't know if this is a tuning issue at the carb (do I need to upjet?), or if I need to screw with my trans to get first gear to kick in at a little higher RPMs

Right now I'm running a 52 idle get, w7 needle, and 95~ main.

The bike has a non-ported alukit (with no case matching), and a techno bullet exhaust.

I'm new to the whole performance fine tuning biz, once I get this thing to idle right, it'll be a beast. :D

1266282185_sta72418.jpg

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.