Re: photo tutorial: installing a kit for beginners
Yeah, couple of steps missing:
- Chamfer the ports to minimize ring snag.
- Polish the exhaust to maximize vroomage.
-Check your squish and adjust, if necessary, by grinding & polishing the head. Check when hot as well, things expand.
- Check your ports at BDC to make sure they are all the way open. If not, add a gasket to the bottom of your jug.
- Ring gap (mentioned in another post).
- check sparkplug clearance, get shorter throw if needed.
- Lube all surfaces before assembly!
- check your torqued bolts after a short ride.
- Break it in with regular, non-synthetic oil, at around 32:1 - jet accordingly.
- Keep it under 3/4 throttle for a hundred miles.
- Plug chop, rejet, then plug chop again. If you change anything, plug chop again.
|Conrad Conrad||02/14/10 08:48PM|
|Noah K||02/14/10 08:53PM|
|Saabsonettguy .||02/14/10 10:18PM|
|[[ Linda ]]||02/14/10 11:04PM|
|Conrad Conrad||02/14/10 11:20PM|
|small bore||02/15/10 08:29AM|
|Nash .||02/15/10 12:24AM|
|[[ Linda ]]||02/15/10 02:16AM|
|No Lo||02/15/10 03:57AM|
|No Lo||02/15/10 03:58AM|
|† CH∆D †||02/15/10 09:07AM|
|† CH∆D †||02/15/10 09:31AM|
|small bore||02/15/10 12:14PM|
|Kansas John||02/15/10 10:01PM|
|[[ Linda ]]||02/15/10 10:22PM|
|CtpEDsHED .||02/15/10 10:38PM|
|Conrad Conrad||02/15/10 11:19PM|
|Conrad Conrad||02/15/10 11:39PM|
|† CH∆D †||02/16/10 12:53AM|
|[[ Linda ]]||02/16/10 01:17AM|