Clutches? We don't need no stinking KTM clutches!

Okay. Here it is. The first product from TrickMetric Custom Components.

The-More-Then-You-Could-Ever-Want-To-Adjust, 4-Shoe, Puch e50 Superformance Clutch

For the mere price of $100 (plus shipping), this uber-clutch can be yours (production shipments begin 3/2/10.) Currently in prototype phase, with testing to follow on a stock 50cc, a 70cc, and an 80cc metrakit monster.

No modifications are required to any part of your e50 motor. It uses the stock (or treat's performance) clutch bell, the stock starter plate, and stock retainer clip. It is designed to engage at any RPM you could ever want it to, with as much or as little slip as you need. Adjustments are made by altering preload on the springs with the use of precision spacers. Shoe weight can be altered simply by moving the preload spacers from one end of the spring to the other. A full engagement RPM/slip duration chart will be provided based on the prototype testing data. Oil-sips, as shown in the picture above, are optional as are extra-heavy-duty springs for you way-late engagers (7k+!)

The option to pre-order has been requested, and it's understandable as this will be a limited production of 100 clutches. Though I'm a little uncomfortable taking money without product in hand, I can guarantee you your money back if, for whatever reason, you decide you don't want one before they are shipped out.

If you don't care if your the first in your gang to have one, just send me note and I'll put you on the runner-up list. Any clutches that aren't spoken for through pre-orders will be available to those on the list.

Send an e-mail to:

walt@trickmetric.com

Keep an eye out for more TrickMetric Custom Components headed your way in 2010!

TMCC products under development include:

Garelli NOI 4-shoe uber-clutch

built-to-measure girder forks

conventional front disk brake kits

unconventional disk brake kits (you'll see this one soon)

universal motor (bolt-on only, no variators) frame - in two styles

fairings & seats

http://www.trickmetric.com

Re: Clutches? We don't need no stinking KTM clutch

Fish tits Krauthamer /

these look heavy duty. emailed

hummm. your website. it dont work. cool product, hope it works.

Yeah, the website...

... the clutches have been eating most of my time. There will be more eyecandy for your peepers soon enough.

when can we see more than renderings?

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

40$ shipped to 17313?

The CNC shop that's milling the prototypes has delivery set for no later then February 15th. They've already taken my money, so it had better be soon.

And what do you care Peter? The precious wont work on stupid hobbitses.

I don't think shipping will be $40 Rob, unless you want it shipped next-day.

And if you're saying something else, treat's has a nice 3-shoe in your price range.

i was just curious to see the quality you can get in small batch local manufacturing. assuming youre having them done in town.

hobbits dont need fancy clutches to be fast.

emailed sir.

videos proving it works > photoworks rendering

but seriously, these are awesome. if you were to do something for the tomos crowd, jesus.

HyperShot not PhotoWorks. Not trying to fool anyone. The image is a visual comparison between a stock 2 shoe and my new 4 shoe. That's all.

_I also want to make it clear_

I'm not asking for money. People have offered to preorder, and that's fine. You don't need to send me money to reserve a clutch. Just e-mail me and tell me that you want one.

They are being machined in California @ a rapid prototyping shop. Not cheap, but the highest quality guaranteed.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

watching with interest.

wow, these look sick. nice work, always love to see an upstart.

if i get one and it breaks will you replace/refund?

These look good but personally I would like to see a screw type adjustment instead of shims.

For one you wouldn't have to completely disassemble to make adjustments.

And two buying shims might be like jets...you'll need a handful and a bunch of time to dial it in.

We are going to kick the $#!+ out of theses clutches during testing. If you have an untamable motor (like you're trying to get this to bolt on to your hyabusa) or you didn't follow the common sense installation instructions, you're out of luck. If the clutch destroys itself, as in if there is a manufacturing or design defect, you will get a replacement. Within reason. This is a one-shot manufacturing run & everything brakes given enough time and abuse. Let's say a one year guarantee. If you haven't broke it in a year, it's not going to brake due to any flaws in the design or manufacturing.

As for the shims vs screw adjustment, shims provide a simple way to accurately adjust all four shoes exactly. Balancing a four shoe/four screw system would be much more time intensive. Complete disassembly is a misnomer. Taking four bolts off to adjust shims is not the end of the world is it? Unless you want to hit within an exact 10rpm range, the clutch should be dialed in within two adjustments. Don't forget you'll be starting with the recommended set-up for your size motor.

id try one. no reason not too

Ϫ‡☄ಬ∞ ƀƖḬƝƊ ƤǂƿƎ ∞ಬ☄‡Ϫ - Hoke from Black Pipes Moped Gang /

watching with interest.

sold.

How does the weight compare to a stock clutch?

man o day.. :)

Sweet!

nice job walt

holy tittyfuckin' cunt christ!!

I want an NOI one!!!!

avanti spline, the same as the noi :0) ... talk about fun in the sun=blast.

I'm interested in how you can get these made completely for $100.

is that center block going to made froma aluminum or steel?

Pat the hub and the arms will both be made from 6061-T6 aluminum.

The spacers are designed so that all four shoes will behave exactly the same. There will be two sets of springs available. The table for the lighter spring will look something like this:

0 spacers - 2900 RPM

1 spacers - 3600

2 spacers - 4150

3 spacers - 4700

4 spacers - 5100

5 spacers - 5500

6 spacers - 5900

7 spacers - 6300

The heavier spring will perform up to 7500 RPMs.

Sold!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account