Kitted Hobbit Overheating

David David /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I have a 78 pa50I that has been converted to a pa50II and has a malossi 70cc kit with leo vince exhaust. I used to run an 88 jet in the stock pa50II carb but if I went WOT for a mile or so then it would all of a sudden lose all power and I would have to stop for a minute. I was then able to start it back up and ride away no problem.

Since then I have put in a 92 jet, but it does the same thing. Plug chops on both jets seemed fine. I assumed it was lean with the 88 jet but I can't imagine it needing anything higher than the 92 jet, especially with the stock carb.

Anybody have any ideas?

I was planning on doing the notched variator mod this spring, but I'm not so sure the extra rpm's would be good for it while it is running like this.....

I also haven't been able to get it to idle since I put the kit on. Other than these two problems it has been running 100% smooth for the past 10 months or so.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.