Re: Peugeot crank fitting

Yeah. This happened to me too. I was using the malossi case though, which doesn't have the plastic motor mounts in the case. My crank was also off of center when I put it together. You can try what Tom just mentioned, but if it is that far off of center I would totally take it apart and do it over. Just make sure you have the crank with bearings on it in the freezer for a while, and heat your case up. Then, do it really fast. It should just squeeze together pretty easily. If you are worried about the plastic motor mounts, use a blow torch around your case where the bearings sit, to keep the heat centralized in that area.

If you have your crank centered and it is still rough to spin, I wouldn't worry about it as long as your bearings don't grind, and don't have any play in them. Tight is OK as long as you don't have any of that going on. If they do, I would pull them and buy new ones. It is annoying to do so, but it would suck to fudge a build just by trying to save some $$ on some pretty cheap bearings. Either way, good luck. and hope you get it build right. Peugeots are sooooooooooooo much fun.

You must log in before posting to this forum.

Click here to login.