splitting an mb5 case

kevin - /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

just bought an mb5 from my friend recently and while he was riding it over for delivery it stopped running. got it back home andwe discovered a hole melted through the piston, yay. needless to say i got a major discount off the original asking price, and with help from treats got a new piston for the malossi one that melted. there is a fair amount of powdery aluminum particles in the case and there appears to be no damage to the cylinder at all, but i was trying to clean it out and it looks like the only was is to open it up. having never messed with one of these before just thought i should see if anyone has any advice or knows of the best way to do this, i've only opened e50's before and this has all kinds of extra parts to deal with being a 5 speed.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.