Re: Seafoam??

geoff /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Ok, let me just say that I am sold on this stuff!!!! I just treated my Tomos with Seafoam and WOW!!!! My bike usually takes about 2-3 kicks to get it started in the cold.. Now, I barely kick it from a dead cold engine and it starts right up and purrs like a kitten!!! You gotta do this!! Here is what you do..

Buy a can of Seafoam at your local car parts store. Start you ped and warm up the engine by going on a 1-2 mile ride. When you get back to your house, take off the air filter so the carb intake is visible. Now, WHILE YOUR BIKE IS RUNNING, rev the engine and literally POUR the Seafoam into to carb. Try to get the rpm's fairly high so when you start pouring the Seafoam into the carb, you get as much as you can before it bogs down and dies.. which it will. Your ped will start to blow whit smoke and chug and chug and chug and finally just die. This is COMPLETELY NORMAL. Give your bike a 2-3 kicks to see if it starts again, and if it does, rev the engine and pour more into the carb. Once it chugs and dies again, let it sit for about 20 minutes or so. Come back and start your bike. The bike will BLOW MASSIVE SMOKE:) Rev the engine for a little bit and go on a hard ride for about 15 minutes:) The smoke will subside and you will have successfully Seafoamed your engine:) The Seafoam actually attaches to the carbon buildup and blows it right out your exhaust!!! Its amazing and my bike has NEVER run so smooth!!

My buddy told me how to do this and he also adds 1 oz to every 1 gallon of fuel EVERY FILL UP. He has a 1985 Tomos Bullet that runs like a champ.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.