What kinda Gasket paper to get?

Hi Guys,

what and where do you get your gasket material...

so far i've been getting complete kits but they're a bit costy and usually take ages to ship.

I see gasket paper on ebay that would do for cylinder bases but they're usually no bigger than a 12" sheets so what do you use for caseings?

also what thickness would be good for an NC 50 and a QT50 (cylinder base and caseings)

Re: What kinda Gasket paper to get?

Go to an auto parts store and get a roll of what you want. I like the felpro rubber/fiber stuff. When lightly oiled it seals really nice.

thankee saab''' er..grey

i'll chk out this felpro you speak of..

i've also bookmarked the sol' blog on ur profile page, looks pretty interesting reading.... for when i get the time.

Yamabond or Hondabond for case halves. Hard to find for some reason but I found some one fleabay.

I just bought the 1mm thick base gasket material from treats.

Use a milk carton.

The Best!!!

With the Hondabond is that all you use? Does it create the gasket? Or is it used with a material to seal it? Sorry about my lack of knowledge.

some gaskets require the thickness to result in alignment. The people who designed these engines in the first place knew what they were doing, if they have a gasket there, it needs to have a gasket, if they dont, use yamabond/motoseal/permatex 1A. If the surfaces are clean and smooth, dont use sealant if you dont need it, but if they are rough, mashed, or narrow, sealant might be applicable.

Thanks

i sue yamabound and/or the thickish rubbery gray high temp stuff for just about everything. both can be found at your local autozone/napa/whatever the crap kind of auto parts store you got.

I've used yambond or hondabond without gaskets between the case halves on E50's.

Can be used on either side of the gasket too.

That grey stuff

get them all.

« Go to Topic — end of thread