Who has a nice pipe on their Moby?

Anyone got something other than a Ninja/Bidalot? I'm not looking to spend too much on a decent pipe. I just cannot find any good photos. Any recommendations for a typical 70cc with a 16mm set up? I have always been one who put aethestics on the top of my list and I never understood why so many pipes are available for a Peugeot but not a Moby with the stock pipes being so similiar. Please shoot me an email if you got a photo worth sharing friends. I would be so grateful with as much info about Moby pipes as possible. Thanks so much. Oh, it is for a 50VLA.

Re: Who has a nice pipe on their Moby?

See attached. This is the Leo Vince. It seems to hit pretty high in the rev band, but it does hit indeed. It seems to move around a bit during variation and needs adjustment to prevent bad things from happening (including rubbing against my flywheel - I don't have a plastic cover cap). Do a search in the performance forum for some detailed discussion about this pipe. I like it anyway despite it's flaws.

1251033005_just_about_done_6_7_09.jpg

whats wrong with the g3? i love mine. i also have another with a doppler and that rules too. if you want performance, spend the money and get a good pipe.

I run a Simonini vintage on my 7. It would mount parallel on a 50v like the other pipes. They go for around $100 new. I was hitting around 43 on flats on my ported 50cc setup.

Wow, that's the worst clearance I've ever seen. Do you hit the pipe alot on the ground?

I actually had a broken motor mount in the picture. The pipe normally sits about 1 1/2 inches higher. No issues with clearance.

ahh. How does the motor mounts like the extra weight hanging off the engine, notice and belt issues or vibration?

My only problem was after I installed the Energy suspension sway bar endlinks.Up until I swapped the softer stock rubber bushings out for the higher durometer ones, I never had a problem. The stress of the motor variating against the holding force of the bushings caused one of the arms bolted to the case to snap. (Yes, my 7 was/is variated)

Aside from that, the ped blasted. No issues with the belt (until the motor mount broke, that is). Vibration was minimal as well.

yea, it's not meant to variate set up like that, makes perfect sense that it broke off with the harder mounts.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account