moby with parmakit

so i cant get this thing to start and run. i have the 70cc parmakit and high comp head that treats offers. i was having problems with getting it started before i installed the kit and a week ago it ran fine. im so lost as to what it could be. i can get it to run for a minute or so at a time on the stand but when you hit the brakes it dies when the rear wheel stops spinning.

Re: moby with parmakit

no idle and hard starting? sounds like your carb is clogged or maybe jetted too lean.

Check for air leaks.

check for plug fouling and gunk build up in the cyl. i was having problems with mine, pulled the head off and it was all carbon goo in there, i think it was from running without filter for a day or so, too rich maybe, on mine.?

ok so i gave up yesterday because my legs ached from trying to start this high compression no decomp motor.

today i went back out and adjusted the timing then i got it to start and rev with the choke on. so that tells me that it was too lean right? so i upjetted and got it running but it still wont idle if i hold the rear brake.

so i road it up the street and when i went to turn around it died and i had to push it back home. so now my legs are beat again and i quit mopeds. this is stupid im getting so frustrated.

new plug, new fuel, new fuel line, clean carb, correct timing i think

fast parts don't make fast bikes

thanks for the help...

im not looking at it being fast i gotta get it running first

does it die when the rear wheel stops completely, or as soon as you activate the brake light?

make sure you got enough pull from the throttle... spreadsheet what you carb should be running.

fred's guide. dont matter if its kitted or not

it dies when the rear wheel stops not when the light is activated. its hardwired and i dont have a brake light anyways.

so i went back out and monkied with the timing AGAIN. i got an awesome blue spark but now it is backfiring when i hold throttle and it wont idle.

moby with parmakit

so the timing is 2mm before top dead center. should it be more or less advanced? i dont want to run it if it is going to blow up or something. still isnt idling

Kevin, make sure your timing is set right.

read this and this break>

It's really easy once you get the hang of it.

You've got to narrow down what it could be (fred's guide!) and eventually you'll find the answer. Make sure things are grounded properly. My old 103 had weird issues with idling due to lighting that grounded out. Make sure you're actually hardwired (your lighting and ignition wiring are totally separate from one another). Are you sure they aren't connected through, say, the old condenser in your magneto or maybe the points or lighting coil? Or that weird reactance coil behind the headlight? That could be your problem honestly.

Once you have your timing set, wiring straight, carb clean, and have checked for airleaks (if you can't idle, you might want to adjust the carb so it engages the clutch at idle, then you can spray carb cleaner around), you should be able to narrow it down.

good luck.

haha thats funny the second link you sent me is my actual bike. i bought it from john who bought it back from the guy who posted that thread

ill mess with timing some more tomorrow or tonight depending on how the day goes. the wiring is completely reran, i ran a wire to the tail light and plugged into the magneto port, also a wire to the headlight plugged into the magneto port. and the gray wire to the spark plug box. it was working fine last weekend then i put new gas in it and it wouldnt start after that. so we tore it down and nothing looked out of place.

i then ordered a parma kit and the parma high comp head with no decomp.

this thing is super hard to pedal now obviously

it feels like the engine is not firing at first. i want to try advancing the timing a bit and is therre a different spark plug i should use with this head since it sits higher up in the head instead of close to the piston

i highly doubt its your timing. what carb are you running? its not your pull length. have you set the idle correctly? jetted reasonably well? checked for air leaks?

i had a 15 dell on it but i couldnt get it running so i swapped to a 14.12 dell and thats when it started running. my slide is groved so i cant adjust the idle. can you buy a new slide? i know i need a new carb but i probably wont have extra money for that for a while so if i can just get this thing running for the time being thatd be great.

💀Kim Jong illest💀 /

stop monkey-ing the timing. set it at 2mm btdc. you keep messing with advancing the timing, and your going to detonate {ask me how i know:( }

this is a carb tuning issue, plain and simple. the parma likes big carbs, so going to a 14 is a step in the wrong direction.

clean your 15 thoroughly and tune it right, you prolly need a bigger jet

ok, if your slide is fucked up thats why you cant idle. also, dont run a 14.12 on it.

alright guys...thanks for all the help. we got it figured out today. the exhaust was a half turn lose causing the backfire and the ignition box thing ( i forget the name) had bad wiring going to it from the magneto. seems like all is well for the time being.

thanks again

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account