E50 Clutch Pisser!!

I am at the end of my patience. My stock two shoe was slipping pretty bad, so I tightened things up and tried some other spring positions. Nothing worked. I was slipping all over the place. So I bought one of those treats three shoe lightened complete clutch setups. I slapped it on and was still slipping. Then I bought some blue springs and tightened them up. I ate threw one of the shoes already (I've only had this clutch for a couple weeks)!!!! What am I doing wrong? I need some help. Where are all the e50 clutch guru's?

Re: E50 Clutch Pisser!!

What kind of fluid are you running?

best to run Motul Transoil in my opinion..

when you say "tightened them up" what exactly do you mean? The tighter the springs the MORE slip you will get.

Were you using a woodruff key with the 2 shoe? Heard in the past that someone on MA was having issues where there clutch wouldn't stay tapered on tight enough to the crank. Maybe cut a groove on the three shoe to have a functioning woodruff key.

Even with performance springs none lightened stock 2 don't slip much better than with stock springs.

Running Castrol Type F - six ounces.

Ryan... I am starting to wonder if I have tightened these up too much? I thought I tried them pretty loose, but maybe not. I'll take it apart and try loosing it up a bit. Update will come tomorrow.

As for the woodruff, if my stock clutch doesn't perform any better with the more loose blue springs, I might give this a try, Although, I'll need a new shoe.

Thanks for the input!

yea man you had them to tight!

yeah, you get the stiffer springs and make them lighter to get extra slip. the more you tighten down, the more slip.

I did a little adjusting last night... and things feel better. not perfect, but less slippy. I am such a freaking noob when it comes to clutch tuning. Thanks again for the advice!!

Klen Kahdidlehopper /

why are you using stiffer blue springs when you dont want it to slip. lighter shoes, stiffer springs, and tightening the spring set screws down harder all make the clutch slip more.

you basically did the exact oppiset of what you should have done.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account